🌗~Chapter 6 ~{}~ Scavenger Hunt and a History Lesson~🌓

*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°❁🌔🌕🌖❁*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°
{A/N: Oohohoooh yeah. We're boutta get into the plot I've been planning. Also, the scarf Moon wears is apparently called a jabot, or an ascot according to google. Thanks to the person who told me that! /g}
*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°❁🌔🌕🌖❁*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°
{🌔} 2nd Person/(Y/N)'s view {🌖}
*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°❁🌔🌕🌖❁*•°:•°: *:•° *:•°

You grumbled as you slowly awoke to somebody loudly speaking nearby, sounding as if they were in your tent. "Helloooo? Come on, kid, wake up! I don't have all night!" You blinked a few times, still half-asleep, and saw Snatcher staring at you with an annoyed expression, way too damn close to your face. You yelped and jumped back. "Good god, finally," he groaned. "Uh, can I help you, sir?" you said, the shock from his surprise visit having fully woken you up. "Yes, in fact, you can! Get up and out of your tent, and come see me at my tree!" he responded, and dove into the shadows, presumably to his house. You didn't really want to make him mad immediately after you woke up, so you did as you were told. You checked the time on your phone. 8:37 P.M.. "Ok, so a good 7 or so hours," you thought. "That's a hell of a lot better than the 20 minutes I got this morning."

With your bag slung over your shoulder, and your flashlight in hand, you set off to the glowshroom tree. On the walk there, you thought about that ghost you met. Moonjumper. He was kinda weird, but he was nice. He spoke in a very soft, kind tone, and the two of you seemed to get along pretty well, despite your differences. "Don't know how I managed to befriend such an overly nice dude when, like, 90% of my more long-time friends are assholes in the cool way. Not complaining, though."

Not only was he just generally nice, his voice was nice, too(1). Deep, quiet, and ever so slightly raspy with a bit of a British accent that was just noticeable. It fit his looks absolutely perfectly.

Hold on, that's kind of off-topic. Let's get back on track.

He mentioned he was stuck in this place he called The Horizon. He said he saw it as a prison, but he didn't have an actual explanation as to what it was, so you had no clue how to get him out like he asked. You figured you could google it or something, but Snatcher doesn't want you slacking, and he'd probably kill you if he caught you doing that instead of working on your contracts.

Speaking of which, when you arrived at the tree he resided in, that's the first thing you mentioned. "Hey, boss man. I'm guessing you have another contract for me?" you said, holding onto the wood at the entrance where you stood. "Yep!" he responded, and summoned what you'd expected. You walked closer and read it. It was another short, simple contract, with only one task.

___________________________________________________
CONTRACT
Return the Dwellers' Masks

[_] Find the 10 missing dweller masks and return them to their owners

I will be keeping the following hostage:
YOUR SOUL
...but keep anything you find along the way!

Signed: ______________
___________________________________________________

Like the others, it had two photographs; one depicted one of the snake-like creatures from the village, presumably the dwellers in question, with a red-orange fox mask, and the other was similar, except the dweller wasn't wearing a mask of any sort. You hummed. "Sounds easy enough," you thought, and signed the contract. In their typical fashion, it disappeared in a puff of smoke. "Good," he said, putting a bookmark in the book he was reading (titled 'Magic and how to use it') and set it on the end table beside his chair. He summoned a new object in front of you. A mask, similar to that if the dwellers', was hovering idly in the air; it was a deep, dull purple-blue colour, with brighter purple highlights, fading into lavender at the tips. It had two sets of horns at the top, the smaller of the two being a bit more wavy in shape. Silver and gold chains were hung from the horns.