8: Hello

Bella and Angelo had barely arrived at the beach when he saw the same group of boys walking down it. 

"They were here the last time too." He announced, pointing to them with his head. Bella looked incredibly unsubtly over at the group. 

"I think I know the one on the far left." She said. Angelo looked over at him. Buzz cut, t-shirt and jean shorts. Nothing too special. 

The boy seemed to notice her, and hurried ahead of his group to greet them. 

"Bella, hi!" He said with a wide excited smile. Up close it was easy to tell that he was slightly younger than the two of them. 

"Hello." Bella replied, a little awkwardly. She at least put the effort in to smile. She watched as the boy's eyes traveled to Angelo. "Oh, this is my new classmate, Angelo. He just moved to Forks from Canada.". 

"Nice to meet ya." Angelo waved with a bright smile. 

He didn't get a smile back though as the moment Bella finished speaking his name, the entire group went rigid. They looked shocked and a little terrified. 

"Jacob?" Bella asked, confused when he didn't respond. 

Jacob's own fear was quickly beginning to morph into anger. "You should go home, Bella." He said abruptly. "It isn't safe here.". 

"What?" The girl was even more confused now. "Why would I go home? What's dangerous?". 

Jacob's eyes landed on Angelo without even thinking about it, and Bella caught it. 

"You have a problem with him?" She asked somewhat defensively. 

"You don't understand-" "Then explain it to me, Jacob.". 

The boy gritted his teeth and cast a look to Angelo, who raised his hands. "Woah, stop glaring daggers at me. We just met and I've done nothing wrong.". 

"You took her out here." Jacob shot back. 

"Is it so wrong to try to make friends?" Angelo asked innocently. The younger boy looked like he was going to explode at that. 

Angelo knew what they wanted out of him. They wanted him to reveal himself fully so they could try to maul him. There were four of them and one of him, they obviously thought they had a chance. 

But he didn't want to give them the satisfaction. 

"I don't know what I did to offend you guys, but whatever it is, I didn't do it on purpose. I've literally only been to La Push once before, and I was with a group of people. We did nothing wrong, as far as I know, so stop glaring at me like you want to jump me." He said slowly. 

The group seemed to hesitate for a moment, clearly buying the innocent act at least a little. Maybe they were questioning what they had been told about him. 

He wondered how word had spread so fast between opposing groups. 

"Lets just go." Bella mumbled. Angelo obeyed and started leaving with her. 

Angelo reached into his motorcycle's storage space, presumably for something like a phone and looked up at the sky. He laughed a little to himself and made eye contact with Jacob right as Bella's truck started up. 

"So rude." He chastised, "You ought to keep yourselves on leashes.". 

That was the final straw for them.  One of the boys bared his teeth and literally growled at him. 

"Now, now." Angelo cautioned, "You wouldn't want to start something in front of Bella, would you? I don't want her to see your bodies either.". 

"Like you could kill us." The boy who had growled at his gritted out. Angelo smiled wider.