Epilogue

You groaned pleasantly as you stretched in your beach chair. The warm sun felt amazing on your skin and you had to admit that Peruvian summers were really great. Especially if you were near some water.

"Y/N, do you want some fruit?", you heard Chicha's voice next to you. Looking up you saw her standing next to you, in her hands a bowl with different kinds of fruits.

"Sure!", you said and grabbed a peach. "Don't you want to sit down too?", you scooted over and patted the empty space next to you.

"Thank you my dear", she smiled and accepted your offer. 

After the big showdown with Yzma, Kuzco was turned back into a human. But even if his physical appearance was the same as before, his personality did a full 180. The servants barely recognized him for his new kindness and it took them a few weeks to get used to it.

Just like an emperor should do, he started to listen to the citizens of his kingdom and really tried to help them instead of only fulfilling his own wishes. As a result, he canceled his plans for Kuzcotopia and left Pacha's village in peace. 

Also after some talking, he agreed with you to postpone the wedding to a not-defined point in the future. He realized that wanting to wait for a wedding didn't mean you didn't love him. However, as you were both certain of your lovey-dovey feelings for each other you decided to not cancel the engagement, making you still his finacée. 

Being grateful for keeping his house, Pacha invited Kuzco and you to spend some time in his village where he showed you a lake and a shallow waterfall which was repurposed by the villagers as a water slope. And that's where you were right now. 

Enjoying the summer outside of the hot and stuffy capital you, your fiancée, and Pachas's family who had gained another member by now were having the time of your life.

Faint screaming made you look up to see Pacha followed by Kuzco and Tipo jumping down the water slope and landing in the lake, unleashing a huge water rain where even you and Chicha didn't have time to search for a safe spot.  

Laughing the boy-trio waded out of the water. You sighed dreamily at the sight of your emperor boyfriend. "Isn't he amazing?", you asked more yourself than your morally adopted mother but she still giggled. 

"He is", she answered.

Excited Kuzco jumped over to you. "Did you see this Y/N? I bet the splash was a hundred feet high! Or maybe two hundred!", he seemed very proud of himself.

"I'm sure it was", you chuckled and kissed him on his cheek.

You were thankful for having Kuzco as your partner. You both brought the best out of each other, as cheesy as that may sound. While being with you, Kuzco could set his inner child free and learn to enjoy the world around him. He finally felt accepted and at home. You on the other hand got constant love and ensurance about those self-doubts you had in the past. 

While constantly hiding your body and skin condition as a teenager, you now could love yourself and with the help of Kuzco, you grew new confidence in yourself. You could now wear all those beautiful dresses and outfits, which revealed your skin and feel beautiful, which Kuzco loved. He was also really helpful when you got homesick. Being apart from your family without the possibility to see them ever again hit you hard, but your fiancée was always there to distract you and bring a smile back to your face.

"So, who wants to help me start the barbeque?", Kronk joined the group, already wearing his chef hat and gloves. Tipo and Chica instantly cheered, running ahead to the grill area.

Even if Kronk was on Yzma's side at first, you knew he had a good heart and after the incident, you became very good friends. Shortly after leaving the capital, he fulfilled his dreams of becoming a chef and got his own restaurant. Every time you craved spinach puffs you would visit him. For today he decided to join your trip as part of a "family reunion".

Kuzco smiled and took your hand in his, following the others and pulling you with him. You were excited for an amazing dinner and for what the family trip else would offer.