Chapter 20 - Chunin Exams Part 5

Akari POV:

(This is mostly a filler chapter, but it is a important part of this story.)

AFTER THE FIRST ROUND of the Chunin Exams, 2 days passed and The people who passed the Chunin Exams as-well as their teammates have came back to the arena to see who the successful people who passed, fight. We had to draw numbers and I realize I am up against Gaara, Sasuke is up against a random sound ninja. 'Honestly I thought Sasuke would go against Gaara...' I thought, I glance at Gaara and see he is looking at me too. I walk over. "May the best Genin win." I said, holding out my hand. I see his sand twitch slightly but it dosen't move. Gaara looks shocked at my hand before holding out his. We shake hands and I give him a smile. "I look forward to our Dance, Gaara of The Sand." I said, letting go after giving him a nod and walking to my team, not noticing the small smile he had before it disappeared.

I walk over to Naruto. "So you are fighting Neji eh? Give him a good punch for me for hurting Hinata." I said giving him a noogie. He laughs and swats my hands away. "Of course I'll defeat that bastard dattebayo!" He said, fist bumping the air. I grin. "Good that guy needs to be knocked off his high horse like Duckbutt over here" I said, pointing my thumb towards Sasuke who grows a irk mark as Sakura giggles. Naruto nods. "Well who is going to train you?" I asked Naruto. He puts his hand under his chin in a thinking pose. "I don't know... Hey maybe Kakashi-Sensei can train me!" He said. I look at Kakashi and see he's shaking his head. "Sorry Naruto I have to train Sasuke." He said. I narrow my eyes. 'Of -course he does.' I thought with a slight scowl.

"Who's going to train Me, Naruto and Sakura then?" I asked with a confused tone. Kakashi looks at me for a second. "Well I got a trainer for Naruto but I couldn't get one for You and Sakura. Sorry" He said with a hand rubbing the back of his neck. I sigh in irritation and grab Sakura's arm. "Come on we can find you your own trainer." I said, walking out of the arena. "Wait Akari who will train me.? Everyone thinks I'm useless.." She said, downcast. I snap my head towards her and stop walking. "Don't you dare call yourself useless! You are one of the strongest people I know! You are the smartest kunoichi and with the way you are improving at a rapid rate could be considered a prodigy.! You even have your own fighting style after a week! So don't talk yourself down because remember you are the best kunoichi I've ever met." I said with a smile.

Sakura looks at me with wide, tearful eyes. She jumps at me and glomps me in a hug. "Thank you..." She said in a whisper and I hug her back. "It's no problem, if I'm not here always remember that I will always be with you in here." I said, pointing to her heart. She blushes. "That was so cheesy.." she whispered and I laughed out loud. "Only for the best" I said with a teasing smile. "Now let's go find you that trainer, I'm thinking you could train with Might Guy and Rock Lee to improve your fighting style, stamina, strength etc. Physical exercise helps your chakra pools grow as-well. We are going to have to ask them though. So let's go!" I said, continue walking towards Team Guy's designated training ground.

We arrive and see Team Guy training. I smile and wave as we walk over. "Yo! Guy, Ten-Ten how are you guys?" I said, pointedly ignoring Neji but it seems he dosen't mind. Guy beams and runs over. "Hello Akari!" Guy said. I smile and give him a fist bump. Ten-Ten walks over and gives my shoulder a little punch. "We are alright Akari, what graces us with your almighty presence" Ten-Ten said with a sarcastic tone at the end with a smile. I chuckle and grab Sakura by the arm and bring her next to me. "As you know this is my amazing teammate Sakura Haruno." I said, presenting her with jazz hands. Ten-Ten chuckles and waves at Sakura and she waves back.

"As our unyouthful Sensei has left our team to train Sasuke I was asking if you could train this youthful cherry blossom here." I said, tilting my head towards Sakura and she nods and bows in respect before standing up straight. Guy beams and grabs Sakura and twirls her around in the air. "Ofcourse we will train her! This youthful girl will bloom into a beautiful but deadly flower!" He said with determination. I smile as Guy and Ten-Ten nods. I bow. "Thank you, I will leave her in good hands." I said standing up straight. I look at Ten-Ten. "How is Lee after his match with Gaara?" I asked, concerned. She is sad for a moment. "He is okay but it might be the end of his Shinobi Career! But we won't give up on him, we still have hope!" She said, hope laced in her words at the end of her sentence.