Present Part 4: The Proposal

I awoke in my bed with the lamp on, gasping for breath and sweating. Because I wanted to make sure I was out of the dream, I tried levitating a glass of water from the sink over to my hand. Once I was successful, I took a large gulp and allowed myself to finally relax.

I tried to figure out what that dream could mean. Maybe that Beth was working with Lucifer; I quickly dismissed that idea, she hates him with a passion, and would never do anything for him. Then a thought came into mind that I hoped wasn't true What if Lucifer had something to do with her death? I couldn't figure out why or how, but I wanted to know, and I wanted to know now. So I got out of bed, got dressed, and walked out of the hotel. I then walked to the closest piece of natural land that I could find, and drew his symbol in the ground.

As I walked through Lucifer's kingdom I tried to tune out the familiar screams of agony and pain. At last I arrived at his palace, which was as black as his soul. I walked inside and made my way to the throne room. The entire time, I was worried that he might have some guards just make me leave. But I don't care; my sister's life was on the line.

I walked inside and found the throne room, but saw that he wasn't there. I didn't have time to wait, so I yelled "Lucifer, I want to talk to you. Now!" I turned around thinking he was going to come through the doors, but he didn't. However, when I turned back around to look at his throne, he was sitting right there with his feet up.

Without letting on that I was pissed and desperate, I calmly said to him "Elsabeth is in trouble and I need your help." He dislikes it whenever I use our modern names. Normally I would just say them and watch him get annoyed, but I needed him to be in a good mood.

His face hardened and he slowly stood up. He walked towards me, but only when he was beside me and our shoulders were touching did he stop. I stood up straighter as the feeling of his hand brushing against my wrist sent a shiver down my spine, no matter how hard I tried to deny it. However, when he leaned over to whisper in my ear, it took all I had not to fall to the ground upon hearing his voice.

"And how exactly is she in trouble?" He said this without moving a muscle. It was only after I said in a blunt voice "She's dead, almost three days now" that he moved away and I felt like I could breathe again. He started pacing the floor and asked "What do you want me to do about it, my dear?" I turned to face him, and said in a harsh tone, "I want you to bring her back. Use your magic to turn back time, heal her, put her soul in other body, I don't care, I just want her back."

When I said this he turned to me and replied "It takes too much power to bring someone back from the dead, even if they were formally immortal. I'm not sure if I could be able to do that; at least not without a proper price." I grew confused and asked him "What kind of price are you talking about, Lucifer?" For some reason, I suddenly became very worried and anxious about his answer. And I wasn't wrong for being so, because he then named his price; "My price for bringing your sister back Madeline, is you."