Chapter 13

Ezran's P.O.V

I don't wake up late in the morning, but today I decided I was gonna sleep just five more minutes.

"Ezren, wake up," I hear Ellis say.

"But I don't want to, I'm so comfortable right hear," I wined.

"But you're the King, it's your job to do your kingly duties," Ellis said.

"Five more minutes," I said.

"Thats what you said two hours ago," Ellis said.

I shot up and said, "two hours! You're right I should get up."

I quickly get out of bed, get dressed, brush my teeth and leave the room. I walk at a normal pace to the throne room, not worrying to go fast.

When I got to the throne room, I went in and saw Opeli going through some letters.

"Good morning Opeli," I greeted.

"Good morning King Ezran," Opeli greeted back.

"So what is the plan for today?" I asked.

"We have 3 meetings, you have a few papers to sign and some letter from the kingdom that needs to be read," Opeli said, listing all the work for today. "Which one do you want to start with King Ezran?"

"Why don't you decide?" I asked.

"Excuse me?" Opeli said confused.

"I said, why don't you decide?" I asked again.

"Well, because you are the King and you make the decisions," Opeli answered.

"Today, you can make some dicisions," I said.

"Okay, thank you King Ezren," Opeli said.

"So which one do you want to start with?" I asked.

"I think we should start with, the meetings?" Opeli said.

"Then we start with the meetings," I said.

"King Ezran," Opeli said.

"What?" I said.

"You zoned out again, is everything okay? Is something bothering you?" Opeli asked.

"No, I'm fine thank you. You were saying?" I said.

"I said, we should-" Opeli was cut of by Ellis coming in the room.

"King Ezran sorry to interrupt but Callum and Rayla needs to see you!" Ellis said.

"I'm on my way," I said. "Sorry Opeli."

"It's okay King Ezran, I will see you when you are done," Opeli said bowing.

Ellis and I walk out of the throne room in silence most of the way.

"Ellis where are we going?" I asked.

"Callum saw a huge pug or worm thing in one of the rooms, but when he got back with Rayla and I it was gone and no one can find it," Ellis explained.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"Well -"

"Ahhh" Ellis was cut of by someone screaming, it sounded like Rayla.

Ellis and I start running to were we heard the scream, it came from Callum and Rayla's room.

When we got in we saw Rayla on the ground past out, Callum holding her crying.

"Callum what happend?" I asked.

"I don't know, Rayla just screamed then past out," Callum says.

"Don't worry Callum, I'm sure everything is gonna be okay," I said. "We'll get Rayla to the infirmary."

Callum picks up Rayla and starts to walk out the room, Ellis and I follow behind.

When we got to the infirmary the doctor showed Callum to a room so he can put her down and the doctor can take a look, Callum soon came down the hall and we all waited in the waiting room for news.

A/N
Please vote, comment and follow! Hope you enjoyed! Elf out ✌️

Edited: 1/19/2023
Word count: 571