Chapter Five

9 days left

I woke up pretty early. Lifeline and Loba were still sleeping soundly in their beds. I grabbed my phone and texted Ash.

Are you still up for helping me?

Yes.

Good. Shooting range in ten.

Alright.

I put my phone away as I got dressed in sweats to train and talk. I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly before quietly running out. I got to the range before Ash so I grabbed a gun and started warming up.

"Morning," Ash's robotic voice rang through.

"Morning Ash. I need you to help me with something. What do you know about Harris Valley?"

"I've actually never heard of it." She loaded up a Carbine. "What about it?"

"Apparently... they're there."

"And you want me to give you information?"

"Or maybe... finding them?"

"I'm not going to another planet."

"Please..."

"No. I can get info from my...friends instead."

"That works. Thanks, Ash."

"You're welcome. Now, train.

~~~

Loba and I met up in our room for our little daily gaming session. She was fidgeting with her bracelet. She only did that when she was nervous. "Ok. What's wrong."

"I don't know who to love," she said, sighing.

"Problems in paradise?" I asked, handing over the controller as my round ended.

She nodded and grabbed the controller, picking Caviera. "Brazilians gotta stick together, ya know?" she had told me when I asked her why she always did that.

"It's just... Kairi seems to be jealous of Anita and me, but Anita thinks we're just friends, but I don't want to be just friends with either of them so now I'm in a love triangle." I snicker. She was a player and was used to having people love her, but I think these two mean something to her. This time.

"Well?"

"You're no help, Little Miss Silva."

"Hey! I told you not to call me that, Ms. Imahara. Or... Ms. Williams?"

"Ok, ok, truce!" she said as I started teasing her. I chuckled and sat back, leaning on her shoulder, watching her attempt the skills that I can do. It didn't work. "Ugh, what's your secret?"

"Skill, love," I said, emphasizing my accent as I take the controller and instantly pick Frost. I start placing traps and look back at Lo, who was fiddling with her bracelet again.

"I'll be right back," she said slipping out of the door. I shrugged and got back into the game. Halfway through the round, a knock on my door. Weird. Loba never knocks. I opened it slowly to be greeted by Crypto pushing through. I grabbed my P2020 from my cabinet quickly and shot.

"Ah..." he winced as he grabbed his shoulder and fell to the ground. Lifeline rushed in and Loba came back, grabbing me from attacking him anymore. Lifeline patched up his shoulder, looking back at me.

"Are you ok?"

"Uh..."

"Step aside," I heard, and everyone moved except Lifeline and Loba.

The Head Honcho.

~~~

"So not only are you stealing files, you're trying to kill co-workers?"