Chapter 3: Luz

"MAMÁ!!" Luz cried out. Her tears threatened her to come out. "M-mamá.." She repeated, her tears falling out of her eyes. "W-we have to save her! We h-have to!" She stammered, sounding panicked. "Luz," Eda said, putting her hand on Luz's shoulder. "We'll get your mamá back, but for now, we need Luz." She put on her best smile to comfort Luz. Luz smiled and wiped her tears.

"Ok, mom," She said, finally. She stood up, putting her hand on Eda's, which was still on her shoulder. Luz nodded and walked to the den, hoping the others would follow. 'I didn't see Zand-' Her thoughts got cut off, seeing a tall figure stand in her way, panting.

Zander.

"Zander.." Luz murmured. "What are you doing here, even when I called you when the dragons were here?" She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. "I-I'm sorry, Luz," Zander stammered. "I was sleeping, then when I woke up, I heard yelling, and-" He stopped when he saw Luz's hand in his face. "Stop, just, stop." She rubbed the bridge of her nose, sighing. "Enough excuses. I will give you one last chance to stay here in the den or else."

"Or else what?" Zander asked, curiously. He tipped his head. "Or else, I will kick you out and let the dragons capture you, just like YOU did when you almost fed me to them." She almost yelled, but kept her temper low. She sighed once more. "You have one chance to prove to me that you can stay here, or else." Luz repeated. Then walked away from him.

"Luz," Willow's voice startled Luz. She almost forgot that her friends and her mom were behind her. "Willow, I forgot you guys were behind me." Luz said in a apologizing tone. "It's fine, we saw that Zander was talking to you." Willow explained, almost asking. Luz's eyes widened a bit when the green haired girl said his name.

Luz had always hated Zander, always! "Yeah, sorry about that." Her fists clenched when she thought of Zander. Willow grabbed Luz's hands and tried to relax her. She smiled, trying to comfort her and it worked. Luz instantly relaxed her hands when she saw that smile. "Thanks.." She murmured happily.

"Now, Willow," She said, Willow's hands still holding on to hers. "I want you to go ask Gus and my mom if they can come into the room with me." Willow nodded and when she turned to run, she saw a pink-haired girl, the hair in a bun, with a strand of hair out. Luz rolled her eyes and sighed when she saw her.

"Hello, Boscha.." She said aloud, crossing her arms over her chest again. She really only did that when she saw someone she didn't like. "O-oh, hey, L-Luz.." Boscha murmured, waving her hand shakily. It seemed to Luz that she was scared. Probably because she's a Noceda-Clawthorne. Luz sighed and put her fingertips on her forehead. "I-is it ok if I join the plan?" The pink-haired girl asked. "Fine," Luz said finally. "But only if you put on a hood over your hair. We're going to rescue my mamá, so we'll need to be stealthy."

Boscha saluted and helped Willow get Gus and Eda. 'Boscha's asking to come with us, even though she's scared out of her mind.' Luz thought. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind. She sighed again, but in defeat. 'What if we never rescue mamá? And who was that girl? She said her name was Amity? And she could speak to dragons!'

"Luz?" Eda broke Luz out of her thoughts. Behind her, was Gus, Willow, and Boscha. "Oh, hey, mom." Luz sighed; she forgot that she had asked Willow and Boscha to get everyone. "Kid, you alright?" Eda asked, walking up to Luz and putting her hand on her shoulder. "You look kind of-" "Stressed?" Luz completed the sentence for her.

"Yeah, I know. Mamá got taken by this 'Voodoo' and then this 'Princess Amity' came outta no where and-" "Luz, calm down." Willow said in her soothing voice. Luz always liked it when Willow calmed her down. When they were younger, Luz would always cry about things, or yell at things (like objects and such). When Willow saw, she would always tell Luz to calm down, breath and count to 5. That's what her dads always told her.

"Thanks again, Willow." Luz gave Willow a tight hug, then let go. "Now lets make a plan." "But, how are we gonna save Camila, if she's somewhere else entirely?" Gus asked, scratching his temples. Luz hadn't thought of that. She thought for a little bit, then got an idea. "The Sand Dragons always come over here everyday at some time, right?" Everyone nodded, except Boscha.

Boscha had always been either the cook, the medic, or the helper. But never a Scavenger Protecter. Luz sighed. "Put your hood on, Boscha." Boscha chuckled nervously and threw her hood on, covering her bright pink hair.

Luz shook her head, putting her finger tips on her forehead and rubbing it. "Go ahead and say what you were sayin', Luz." Eda said. Luz nodded. "Now, like I was saying, the Sand Dragons come around this time everyday, right?" Everyone nodded again, even Boscha. "So, at this time tomorrow, we'll kidnap one of the dragons."