Chapter 5: Luz

Author note: Hey sorry to tell you, but the book will be a bit slower, because I'm just trying to help my family with stuff, so yeah...... plus I start school next week (August 29, 2022) so it will defiantly be slower, and I have to catch up on my reading Wof, just to let you guys know, ok bye! Also, it will be a bit smaller. Hope you like the chapter!

~~

"We're going to kidnap one of the dragons," Luz said, slamming her hand against the brown table, making the pieces on it shake or fall. "Luz, do you even hear yourself, kid?" Eda asked, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "Do you know how impossible that is? You're talking about a Sand Dragon, the only dragon that has a barbed tail," She muttered something but Luz couldn't hear. She just shook her head and continue speaking. "Well, mom, I think that if we chain down a dragon, we can then put something on the tail."

Eda put her hand on her chin, thinking. 'But what WILL we use to put on the tail?' Luz thought. "Luz, what will we use?" Willow asked, saying almost the same thing that Luz thought. She shook her head again to get out of her thoughts. "I was thinking the same thing, Willow," After a moment or two, all of them heard the wind whistling, and wingbeats flapping. Luz looked at the window to see two, no three, dragons, all but one having a barbed tail. The one without a barbed tail looked pretty smaller than the other two, and less dangerous. "Go back to your Scavengers, small fry," One of the bigger dragons laughed out. "I'm not a small fry!" The smaller one squeaked, flicking their tail to the sand, making it fly up. "Listen, Sundrop," the other dragon hissed. "Your mother is dead, and your friends are dead. You're lucky Burn wants you alive,"

Both of the dragons laughed at the smaller dragon. They then hissed at her and began flying away, leaving a crying dragon in the sand dunes. "Well, it's not my fault I don't have a barbed tail!" She cried out, but the bigger dragons didn't hear. Sundrop sighed. Luz, Eda, Willow, Gus, Zander, and Boscha tiptoed behind the sand dune. The small, but big dragon (to Luz's eyes) just sat there, with her tail flipping back and forth, and her eyes partly filled with tears.

Luz placed her net gun down, and positioned it to face Sundrop. With a small crrk, Sundrop yelped out when the net shot on to her, pushing her down. She struggled to wiggle out. "Help!" She cried out, her talons digging into the sand. "H-hey, calm down!" Boscha, stepping out from behind the sand dune, blurted out. "Boscha!" Willow whisper-yelled, still hiding behind the dune. The dragon perked her head up, her tail calmed down. "A..... Scavenger?" She squeaked, tipping her head. Boscha, as nervous as she was, kept walking towards the Sand Dragon.

Luz then stepped out, crunching the sand below her. "Boscha," she said her leader voice. "Step away from her, now." Her eyes then widened when she saw the dragons face. 'Her face,' she thought. 'It doesn't look like the other Sand Dragons' face. And she doesn't have a barbed tail.'

Sundrop looked at Luz with surprised and happy eyes. She then opened her mouth to speak.

"Luz?"