A Solution

Mary's pov

We walked out of the restaurant and headed of to my grandfather's house.  As we were walking down the path, everyone was talking about how good the food was, and that they wished that restaurant was on mobius. Shadow wasn't talking though. But I mean I guess that's normal, he just looks like he's thinking about something. I leaned closer to him and whispered "hey, shadow."

"Yes?" He answered.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I whispered.

"Nothing..." he said in a flat tone.

"Liar" I told him.

"It's nothing, really." He said looking down.

"No it's not just tell me." He stayed quiet

"I'll tell everyone about yesterday when you-"

"Fine." Shadow told me, even though he looked at me with eyes that said "if u weren't so similar to Maria I'd kill you, and I mean it". I laughed nervously and waited for him to tell me what was on his mind.

"I was thinking of... chili dogs..." he said.

"Really?"I asked

"Yes."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"100%??"

"YES I AM 100% SURE I KNOW WHAT IM THINKING ABOUT!"He whisper-yelled, even though I honestly think that he was thinking about sonic😏😏.

"Ok, ok, no need to get angry😅" I looked at my map, then in front of me and saw that we were almost there. We had been walking down a path in the woods and I could see my grandfathers cabin not too far from us. It wasn't really a cabin, it just looked like one, it was much bigger inside. Im kinda convinced it's magic, but he won't tell me.

"Hey, is that it over there??" Amy asked as she pointed to the cabin.

"Yup!" I told her.

"AAHH! I'm so excited eeee!" Tails exclaimed. He was flying in circles quickly.

"Tails geez no need to go crazy there😅" sonic said.

"I know I'm just so-"

"We're here!" I said, knocking on the door.

"EEEEEE!" tails screeched.

Nobody answered the door. I knocked harder. The door opened by itself to reveal my grandfathers cabin. If you only saw it from the inside, you'd think it's a haunted mansion. I looked over at the others and they'd look as if they'd seen a ghost.

"M-man this ain't no cabin!" Sonic stuttered out in pure fear.

"You're scared?" Shadow asked, raising an eyebrow.

"W-what no! Of course not! Who do you think I am? Sonic the Scaredy-pants?"

"First of all, you're not wearing any pants, and second, do you really want me to answer that?" Shadow asked, hand on his hip. Sonic questioned himself then said, "hey! No! Don't answer that actually!"

"Boys boys! I'm gonna need you to stop arguing so we can go inside!" Rouge said, getting a little impatient. I walked inside first with the others following after.

"Hey grandpa you in here?" I shouted.

"Yeah I'm in the lab!"  Of course haha.

I showed them to the lab and noticed tails expression. He was trying so hard not to squeal in excitement right now.

"Easy tails, breathe." Sonic said with a chuckle. My grandfather spun around with kind of a shocked look.

"Now what did you bring here?" He said getting a closer look at the mobians.

"They're mobians!" I said.

"There Bostonians?" He questioned.

"No! Mobians." They came from a different dimension, and they need your help to get them back.

"Like a portal or sum'?" He asked.

"Yea!" Tails exclaimed.

"They talk too?"

"Yup! They speak our language."

"Interesting... and you say they need a portal huh?"

"Yes! But, I don't know how we'd connect with our world." Tails said.

"You'd need something that you deeply care about, to give a signal to the universe or something."

"What about my brother Sonic??" Tails asked, but my grandfather chuckled.

"Kid, I can't use your brother to make a portal, it'll rip his insides out."

Sonic looked at the man in fear and sputtered out "yea yea yea, let's not use me!"

"Well I don't have anything else I deeply care about, it's in my shop, or it's my friends."

"Then we'd need some sort of technology from your place. But it'd have to connect with another technology, like maybe Bluetooth."

"We have our communicator." Tails said.

"Does it connect to anything in your world?" My grandfather asked.

"No... we're all here..."

Everyone started thinking. I saw shadow pluck something off of his shoe but I didn't pay much mind to it.

"I have this." Shadow said, holding up a little computer chip. Tails gasped in excitement.

Shadow POV

"Shadow you're a genius!" He said as he ran up and took the chip.

"This is the chip I used to connect Sonic and shadow to the machine that brought us here! We could use it to bring us back!"

"Great thinking little guy!" My grandfather said as he high five tails and ruffled his hair.

"How long will it take?" Sonic asked.

"Hmm, a few months."

"A FEW MONTHS??" we all said, shocked.

"Welll, maybe it might take less because I'm gonna help!" Tails said.

"You know how to build a portal?"

"I mean, I built whatever brought us here🤷‍♂️" tails said and shrugged.

"Perfect! We'll get started right away! Come with me kid!" The old man said and walked away with tails following after.

"Well, I guess we'll leave them for now." Mary said.

"So what'll we do now?" Amy asked.

"Explore." I said. "We might as well look around and see what's here, we're going to be here for a while."

"That's a good idea!" Sonic exclaimed. "I'm going with shadow!"

"Wait what no-" was all I could say before he grabbed my arm and zoomed off.

A/N, I'm so sorry I completely forgot I was writing this my bad😭💀. Ima try to keep writing it yall I'm so so sorry. I'll try not to take 47573 years to get the next chap out💀