Part 1

Maybe Severus is kinda, sorta, a little in love with someone.

And that someone has a girlfriend. And it sucks because his girlfriend is really pretty but a total snake. Shes controlling and manipulative but the only person who doesn't see it is him.

" did you see what happened at the courtyard today?" Regulus said at the lunch table. Severus was 60% sure it wasn't towards him so he didn't even bother looking up and across the table.

" no, what happened?" Lucius answered and Severus made a mental note to always trust his gut.

" Potter and his girlfriend got in a huge blow out. She smacked him and everything." Regulus said with too much amusement in his voice.

Severus finally looked up and knotted his brows together.

" they got in a fight? In public?" Severus asked and Regulus nodded eagerly.

" mhm. She even hexed him. Apparently it was a stinging hex and shes damn good at conjuring one so it hurt like hell." He said and smirked.

Lucius also smiled and they both looked unbelievably evil right now.

Still, Severus couldn't care less. He stood up from the table and ran out, completely abandoning his friends and half eaten dinner.

He started running. Where? He doesn't know. All he knows is it was out of the castle and into the woods.

He needed to scream, yell, hit a tree or something. Anything but stay there with all of hogwarts around him.

Dinner time was always such a sensory overload. It was too loud, too crowded and downright annoying.

It set off his migraines all the time.

He eventually stopped running when it felt like his lungs would pop. He panted loudly and doubled over while holding onto a tree.

Everything hurt. Seriously, he should get in shape.

" Snivilus?" James' voice suddenly appeared and he looked on the other side of the tree.

James was sitting there, a purple potion bottle and copper tin in hand while back leaned against the trunk.

" oh. Didn't see you."

" seriously? What are you running from? How did you no see a whole person next to you?"

" ok sorry I don't have time to check my surroundings for people who shouldn't be here."

" i feel like thats a good habit to have. Y'know, safety 'n shit." James said and looked down at this little tin of blue paste in his lap.

" the fuck is that?" Severus asked, still panting.

" none of your business." James snapped and Severus rolled his eyes.

He knew what it was. He's seen it too many times. Its a tin of bruising ointment. It takes two minutes to take effect but you have to activate it with a spell otherwise it's just plain oil once it melts.

" fuck." James cursed.

He was putting it on unactivated. If he was using it properly it'd be a yellow color, not blue.

" you have to activate the ointment." He said and finally sat down on the other side of the tree.

He was tired.

" what?"

" bruising ointment. It has to be activated with a spell."

" shit. I don't know the spell....Do you?" James asked tentatively.