(Original idea) Apocalypse x Male Reader

It was just a normal day, like  every other. You woke up and threw the covers off. Then you got up, got yourself dressed in your school uniform and put the Swiss Army knife in your pocket of your pants. It was a trinket that you inherited from your grandfather before he died with his last words being: "Use it to protect yourself or the ones that can't protect themselves." He was a lovely man, enjoying life to its fullest, as he didn't want to have any regrets when he would leave this world. But he also served in the army for years and also taught you how to defend yourself. He also told often about his experiences of the times he was on duty and you always enjoyed those stories greatly, but his tales also held important life lessons, especially when it came to taking people's lives. You always took the knife to school and it never got confiscated. The teachers can't confiscate what they don't know about, that was your thought. You went downstairs, made yourself breakfast and sat down in front of the television with your food watching the news. "I'm standing here in front of the hospital where the first patients of this new and mysterious illness were brought in this morning. Not much is known about it, except that when you get infected you'll be very sick and start coughing violently." a reporter with brown hair, gray eyes and red lipstick, well, reported. And just as she said that the doors to the entrance were burst open and people came running out. Behind the running people were other people, but they looked different. They walked unstable and looked like they were deprived from sunlight for their entire lives. You couldn't make out more details as they were in the background and the camera was focused on the woman. "It seems that the patients are rioting." she continued and just then one of the running people fell down and one of the 'sick' dove on top of him and bit the fallen man in his shoulder. An ear piercing scream could be heard from him. You were absolutely shocked by the scene that was unfolding in front of you. Then the other 'sick' ones pounced on top of other people and one wondered to the reporter. The 'sick' man grabbed the woman and she lost balance and fell out of screen, while letting out a scream: "Help!" Suddenly the camera fell too, catching the woman on screen getting bitten in her shoulder and screaming loudly: "AHHHHHH!" while blood as red as her lipstick flowed out of the gaping wound. Her screaming became muffled as blood started flowing into her trachea and started coughing the crimson liquid up. Then she fell silent as another 'sick' one bit her in her throat and ripped it out. Blood sprayed everywhere, obscuring half the screen and the other half showed the infected devouring the trachea and the reporter. The last thing you saw was a close-up of the distorted face of a 'sick' one: skin as white as the snow that always layed too long on the ground, being more gray than white, the bloodshot eyes with a glassy look as if it was blind and it's veins practically popping out of its head. It opened its mouth to reveal a black gaping hole and abnormally large canines. It then attacked the camera and your television turned to static. You quickly shut off the TV and directly went to school, having lost your appetite due to the gruesome scene that unfolded and even if you had eaten it, you thought you would have thrown up right there and then.

On your way to school everything seemed to be like normal, but once you arrived at school all you could hear from the other students is the slaughtering that was on TV this morning. Your friend, Samuel, called your name. You looked up to him, nodded to him and said: "Yo, motherfucker." "Yo, dipshit." he said and held out his fist and you bumped it with yours. "Have ya seen the news on TV?" he asked. "Unfortunately, yes." you answered him. "Well, I just made it to the toilet in time to throw my breakfast up." he admitted. "Luckily I didn't eat anything yet, so I didn't throw up anything." you said to your black friend. Just then a girl with green eyes and black hair walked to you and greeted you and your friend, but her eyes seemed red from crying. "Hey, Serafina. What's wrong?" you asked. "Haven't you seen the news?! I-it's horrible." she cried and you comforted her by hugging her. "There, there, it's fine, it's okay." you said. You slowly let go of her, as her breathing became regular again. And just then the bell rung, indicating the start of the school day. The three of you made your way to your first class: mathematics.

"So now you'll have to write down the derivative of the formula y = 4X^3+8X+3." your math teacher explained. It was the last exercise you had to do before the lesson had ended. As you had paid attention in class you quickly answered that it was 12X^2+8. Soon after class was finished and you went to your next one, but when you opened the door to your English class you saw that everyone was infected by that mysterious illness and turned into some kind of zombie. All their heads turned towards you and they started to approach you.

You closed the door and you and your friends turned and ran away. "That won't hold them for long!" you said. You ran through the walkways and saw that others, students and teachers, were turned too. When one lunged themselves at you you quickly dodged to avoid being caught and thus being killed or worse. "Where are we going?" Serafina, who was running behind you, asked. "To the PE section." you answered shortly and did a judo roll to avoid getting bitten.  

The three of you made your way to the gym hall and busted open the cabinets where the baseball equipment and the javelins were. You put on a catcher's mask and took a wooden bat, while you gave Samuel a javelin. Serafina looked at you, confused. You pulled out your pocket knife and gave it to her. "Just be careful with it, it was my grandfather's." you said. She promised you to be careful with it and accepted the gift gratefully. You then continued to make your way through the school, avoiding confrontation with the zombie like creatures where you could, but that was very rare. The three of you stood in a hallway with about 30 infected people roaming it. Once you rounded the corner they all stared at you and ran at you. The first one came at you and you swung the bat at its head and completely smashed it, splashing blood and brain matter everywhere. The headless corpse fell to the ground, blood slowly spreading on the floor, consuming everything in its path. But unlike human red blood this blood had a green tint to it. Another one came at you but Samuel stabbed it in the chest and the javelin came out through his back. Samuel let go of his spear grabbed the part that came out through his back, said "Die motherfucker" and pulled it out, leaving him with a javelin covered in green red liquid. Another one lunged at you and its throat was quickly slit by Serafina with your pocket knife. You thanked both of them and all of you fought your way through. When you were at the other side of the hallway, you looked back and saw that the ground was littered by corpses and the blood and brain matter, sometimes even intestines and other abdominal organs, covered the walls and ceiling. Some of the corpses were missing limbs or they were barely attached to the torso. While fighting you found out that they could still see and hear like a normal human, but they were way stronger physically, but their bodies became more fragile as you could easily smash their heads in with your bat. Normally an attack to the head with a bat would be enough to kill a person, but not enough to completely obliterate the skull and brains. Luckily they might be strong, but they were also slower, creating enough openings for the three of you to strike and finish them off.

As Serafina, Samuel and you were walking down the stairs you spotted another group of survivors surrounded by the 'sick' ones. "Please someone, help us!" one of them yelled.

A/N: Hello there. If you want to read more of this, then read, vote and comment to support this trail, that might possibly be turned into a book. The higher the support the higher the change that I might make a book out of it. As always let me know what you think. And as always. Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Dodominic2021