❝ twelve ❞

Richard had landed himself in hospital

Richard had landed himself in hospital. Once home he listened to the loud record and Toxic Bob really wasnt lying. He started it off quiet, his headphones on his ears and when the vibrations started he turned it up. He didn't like it all too much but couldn't bring himself to turn it off, he thrashed around and shouted until everything around him went dead silent.

The doctor in front of him wrote on a pad and turned it towards the boy 'you've gone deaf'

"what do i do now?" He asked, his own voice mumbled

'wait' the doctor wrote again

"wait for what?"

'to see if it comes back'

"what do i do now?" He asked again and the doctor put his hands together as if he was praying before walking out. Rich slid his jacket on and headed out of the hospital, his Napalm Death tickets and the leaflet in his hands. The ringing in his ears getting louder as he ripped them both up and threw them to the floor before reaching into his pocket to grab the packet of cigarettes.

Upon pulling them out, he noticed the folded up leaflet Ophelia gave him earlier. He unfolded it and studied it briefly noting that the girl was in more than one group. Her name was front and centre, her face being the only one to stand out amongst the many others. The performance had already started once Rich had arrived, instantly spotting Grace Violet on stage with her ballet partner.

The pair finished their dance and everyone around them cheered, giving a quick bow before slipping off stage. Richard took a seat on the step as they announced that Ophelia and her partner where up next (although rich didn't hear that). A white bench was placed to the back of the stage as the spotlight focused in on it. Two people then jogged out of each stage side and sat apart from each other on the bench

The girl was dressed in a beautiful gold and black dress, the bottom part mesh allowing people to see the golden leotard covering the bottom half of her. On her feet where small heels and her hair was pulled into a bun. Rich knew it was Ophelia even without being able to see her face properly since he was far back.

The dance was beautiful, Rich didn't know what type of dance she did but with all the twirls and perfect movements he knew she practiced a lot. He couldn't hear the music but he assumed that it matched up well with the dance. As the pair sat down on the bench again, this time closer and sharing a box of chocolate. Everyone cheered including himself. They smiled at the crowd, waving as they walked off together.

The recital went on for longer, a fifteen minute break allowing the boy to step outside for a moment. Ophelia stood backstage in her outfit since she was also going to be the person who closed the recital. Her and Ophelia spoke between themselves about their dance and Grace said she was excited to watch her next performance