❝ thirteen ❞

Rich and Ophelia where quick to head to the gig

Rich and Ophelia where quick to head to the gig. The girl had somehow managed to link her arm against his as they walked side by side, surprised at how easily he let it happen. She walked ahead of rich after dropping their extra stuff in the coat room.

"be careful" Rich warned

"fuck careful" She shouted back, making sure she was facing him as she walked into the crowd. Despite not being able to hear anything, a smile stayed on his face. Ophelia had managed to push herself to the front, one of the singers pulling her on the stage. She smiled wide, everyone holding up the rock symbol as she did. Ophelia herself also held up the symbol.

Despite being dressed in all black it was blatantly obvious she didn't fit in with the crowd, she held herself differently to everyone there however standing on that stage was probably the most exhilarating thing she had done in her life. Photos and videos where being taken, she wouldn't be surprised if they got spread around college but she couldn't care less.

She jumped around, danced with barney (a name she remembered rich telling her about) and she had even downed a pint of beer that had been passed down from the bar. Rich watched her, not even caring he couldn't hear the music. He just watched. And then she jumped onto a group of awaiting people and began crowd surfing. She laughed as she got passed along the crowd, she had never felt more alive than right then.

Despite the concert being heavy metal, the sound of 'cant take my eyes off you' played in his mind. The same song she was practicing too on the day it all started. She looked ethereal when she was dancing and she looked ethereal now, the lights shining off her making her look like an actual angel. Ophelia got dropped off by rich, instantly grabbing his hands and pulling him into a hug. The pair swaying all too slow to be listening to metal.

Once the gig was over and the two had to head their separate ways, Ophelia bid the boy goodnight with a brief kiss to the cheek before stepping in the taxi she had ordered moments before. He watched the car drive away until it turned the corner before walking off home, texting Alo all about his evening.

 He watched the car drive away until it turned the corner before walking off home, texting Alo all about his evening

Rich didn't sleep very well, his mind fuzzy with thoughts of Ophelia Winters. He just lay in silence until his alarm blared and woke him up out of his trance. It took him a while to realise his hearing was back and once he did, he let out a sigh of relief. The sudden dinging noise of his phone caught his attention, assuming it was just Alo but instead the name 'Ophelia' was spread across his phone.