Old Friends

You were flying on the back of your Corviknight, flying down towards Wedgehurst. Your goggles were on as you felt them rattle more and more. You glared a little, leaning down and diving towards the town. You were called here by your old friend Leon and the regional professor Magnolia. You were a hunter, using pokemon to stop crimes and put down villainous teams from not only moving into Galar but also throughout the entire world. It was the only way to ensure peace in your eyes.

As you dived down towards the town, you patted your pokemon, who spread its wings and slow you guys down quickly. As you guys got closer to the ground, you stood up and rolled forward, diving off of your pokemon and landing along the ground. You slid forward a little bit but got good footing, stood up, and stretched a little. Your Corvikinight flapped a little, slowly landing onto the ground. You smiled and walked up to the massive bird and softly petted it along the neck.

You then heard some light clapping. It was slow. It was at that point where you noticed you were drawing up quite the crowd. You turned around and took off your helmet, smirking a little. There was Leon, slowly walking up to you. He smiled a little, smirking slightly.

Leon: Well, you always did know how to make an entrance.

(Y/N): One of us had to be the showman. And it sure as hell wasn't going to be you.

Leon snarked, laughing slightly. He walked up to you, raising an arm. Quickly, you did the same thing, both your hands crashing down on the other and pulling each other in for a brief hug. He laughed some more, wrapping an arm around you. You just patted his back, letting him know to break it. He did so after a few seconds, smiling as he looked you over.

Leon: It is good to see you again.

(Y/N): Likewise. Now then, why did you call me here? I had to do a sloppy clean-up job on a band down in Sinnoh.

Leon: Right, well. Several reasons.

Leon wrapped an arm around you and began to walk you towards the lab. You slightly pushed his arm off of your back as you guys approached. Him being the champion and you being a hunter, you knew this would be a big deal and private matter. That was mainly why he was staying quiet. Still, once you guys got inside and you made sure to close the door, his silence was a bit unnerving.

(Y/N): Well...?

Leon: We had a slight bit of bother with an outside source. Well, that and some internal shake-up with Rose.

(Y/N): I heard about it. Some dark god too. You had quite the fun without me.

Leon: That's one way of describing it, yes. Which is why we need you here. To help us. We can't clean up what Rose left without you.

You were about to question who he meant by "we" until the door to a backroom opened. A stack of books being carried by someone stumbled out. You walked over to them just before the tower was about to fall. You pushed it a bit and made sure it didn't fall.

Female: Thanks!

(Y/N): Of...course...

You glanced over to see the redheaded ponytail girl drop the stack of books onto the table. She pulled her coat up a bit to readjust it. You were a bit stunned at seeing who it was. The female turned around, and her mouth opened slightly. It was Sonia...your old traveling partner with Leon.

You took a step back as she looked at you. You were the first to shake things off.

Sonia: It's good to see you again.

(Y/N): Likewise. What's with the lab coat?

Sonia: I'm the professor now.

(Y/N): Oh...congrats then. You earned it.