Last Bout

Another day, another round of training. It wasn't that you minded; obviously, it got you out of that room and got you working day in and day out. You were busy walking around the perimeter of the hospital, doing what you could to get your legs moving again. It was just walking, not much else to really go into, but it felt nice, to say the least. After about a third lap around, you found a nearby bench and sat down, resting a little. You rubbed your face a little, using what little water you had left to help yourself.

You felt your phone ring a little. Grabbing it, you saw it was your physical therapist. Knowing her, she was calling about your updates on where around the property you were. It was a standard call, really, nothing to be concerned about. Of course, the call wasn't as standard as you once thought. She was calling out sick that day. Something you didn't really mind. That just gave you more time to do stuff you enjoyed. Say, for example, practicing your fighting techniques.

You found yourself a nice spot in the middle of nowhere, a nice open field. You sighed, taking in a deep breath. You sighed, taking in a deep breath, arming yourself. You took your normal fighting stance. After a third deep breath, you began to go into a few kicks. You gritted your teeth, sighing and taking in another deep breath. You went in for a second kick, more pain. You took a third deep breath, trying to reel back from the utter pain you attacked.

Sonia: Don't push yourself that hard.

You quickly turned around and saw Sonia standing there. She stepped up to you, smiling warmly. While you enjoyed her classic hot takes on your personality from time to time, now wasn't the best of time for that said hot take. You almost ignored her and got back into position, ready to fight. You went in for another kick, gritting your teeth in pain as your back twisted a bit. Before you could almost pull another back muscle, Sonia walked over to you and pushed your arms down a little. You looked at her, and she raised an eyebrow.

Sonia: If you want to break your back again, feel free to keep going. If you actually want to recover, go slower. Make sure your legs and back can actually heel before you go back into fighting.

(Y/N): I need to be ready.

Sonia: For what?

(Y/N): The raid? Or whatever it is that Leon is leading. I need to be ready when they launch it. I need to be there.

Sonia didn't say anything and walked up to you. She handed you her phone. You raised an eyebrow and looked down at the screen. It was a news headline reading out the following.

"GALAR LEAGUE CHAIR AND OTHER GYM LEADERS RAID CULT"

(Y/N): Excuse me?! What is this?!

Sonia: Them finishing the mission.

(Y/N): That was my job! They can't take my job from me?!

Sonia: That's not exactly your call to make.

(Y/N): I was the one hired out by them! They can't just take that from me!

Sonia: You paved the way for them.

(Y/N): Oh please. I only got one sect taking out and barely did any damage to the other.

You sighed, throwing your hands down like a petty child, and pouted a little. Sonia walked over to you, softly placing her hand up on your cheek. You sighed a little and pulled back from her.

(Y/N): As much as I appreciate the sympathies. I just...I don't know.

Sonia: (Y/N), Don't doubt yourself. Look at what you have been able to get done in such a short amount of time.

(Y/N): You mean literally nothing.

Sonia: That's not true, and you know it.

You sighed a little, rolling your eyes slightly and walking from her. Sonia stepped up in front of you, making you look at her. She raised an eyebrow, causing you to sigh and look at her.