Chapter 10

"I said I was sorry!"

The sound of the young mans voice got some attention and people turned around to take a look at a little girl with black hair around eight years old, walking towards a building that many recognized as a battle field, followed by a tall young man wearing a black cloak and a hood over his head.

"Can you at least talk to me?" Ash asked the little girl.

Since he had picked her up from the PCCC she hadn't said a word to him.

"Come on Sarah, you can talk to me, I promise I won't put you there again!" Ash said desperately, he was starting to worry that the girl had a terrible experience or something when she was at that place.

"There's nothing to talk about Satoshi!" Sarah yelled at him. "I sat there for six bloody hours waiting for you!"

"Things got in the way!"

"What kind of things?" Sarah asked furiously.

"Well, I met this guy at the battle and then we decided to go to the bar and..." Ash started.

"You left to a bar instead of picking me up?!" Sarah screamed. "Did you know what they made me do?! They made me sing 'Grandma's little Torchic' for over four hours!"

"I weren't just at the bar!" Ash snapped at her, he was starting to get annoyed by the girls stubbornness. "I was helping a friend to get together with his girlfriend that's waiting his child!"

Sarah was about to say something, then she hesitated and opened her mouth again, her voice had changed.

"That's so romantic!"

Ash literally fell to the ground.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" Ash asked hopefully, he could feel a little rodent poke him in the back inside his backpack.

Sarah glared at him.

"Oh come on!" Ash said tiredly. "Is there anything I can do so you won't be mad at me?"

Ash directly regretted that he had said those words when Sarah looked at him with a look that sent shivers down his spine.

"I'm only going to forgive you if you, me and Pikachu go shopping after your battle!" Sarah said with a mix of a happy and evil smile.

Ash turned pale.

"Please! Anything but that!" Ash pleaded to the little girl.

"Nope!" Sarah stated happily. "So what's gonna be?"

Ash took a big sigh before he said.

"I'm going to regret this but... Okay, I will come with you on a shopping trip..." Ash said defeated.

"YAAAY!" Sarah cheered with her childish voice.

"But first I'm going to have my battle." The black haired trainer said as he opened the door.

"Yeah, but the more you delay it the more time we spend in the mall!" Sarah piped in.

"Crap!" Ash thought, it had been his plan to try and 'play around' with his opponent so they wouldn't have enough time to go to the mall, but it seemed like he had no way out at the moment.

They walked in only to find the field... empty?

"Where's everybody?" The black haired girl asked the black haired boy.

"I have no idea kid." Ash said.

"Don't call me kid!" Sarah said with an angry tone. "It makes me feel small."