Chapter 13

Ash's eyes opened, he had one of those dreams again. He had seen the same scene the past four years. His mother lying on the ground and he stood helplessly and watched. Ash wiped away the little tear that had been running down his cheek.

"Pi?" His little pokemon asked carefully.

"Yeah, it happened again." Ash said silently. "But what's done is done, and we're back with the others!" He added with a smile.

"Pika!"

Ash walked up from his bed and walked over to Sarah's room, he then took out the key from his pocket and locked up her door.

The girl seemed to still be sleeping so he let her be, he wrote her a note then he had went down for breakfast.

"It's good to know that we don't need to hide you in the backpack anymore, right Pi?" Ash asked his companion.

"Pikachu, Pika pikaPi!" Pikachu stated.

"Hey! I wash my clothes!" Ash said slightly hurt as he walked down the stairs with the little rodent on his shoulder.

Pikachu only snickered.
___________________________

May opened her eyes and began to yawn.

"Had a nice sleep May?" Misty asked her brunette friend.

"Yeah, I dreamed that Ash had come back to our group." May said with a smile.

"That wasn't a dream May!" Misty said with a smile. "He really did it."

May didn't know why, but she started to squeal with happiness. Misty watched her friend with a smile.

"And you two almost kissed!" Misty added with a wink.

May blushed deep red by that comment.

"Come on!" May said as she tried to change the subject. "Let's go downstairs!"

Misty shook her head as she heard Dawn emerge from the bathroom.

"You coming too Dawn?" May asked.

"Sure, let's go and see your boyfriend!" Dawn said with her cheerful voice.

"He isn't my boyfriend anymore!" May said without thinking, she quickly clasped her hands over her mouth.

"Anymore?" Misty asked with a grin.

"I'm starting to feel hungry, see yah!" May yelled as she ran down towards the cafeteria.

"Why did I say that?! They're going to tease me forever now!" May groaned as she ran. "Why didn't I just..." May couldn't continue as she ran into a person that were walking down the stairs, they both fell towards the end of the stairs with May on top.

"I'm so sorry!" May said as she tried to get up.

"I know that you're angry at me May, but you could at least tell me before you decide to push me down the stairs..." An annoyed Ash said as he got up.

"Ash!" May said as she got up and hugged him. "I've missed you!"

"Umm, yeah, I've missed you too. But we were only away from each other for one night." Ash said slight confused.

"Oh yeah, you're right..." May said sheepishly, but she didn't let go of Ash.

"Isn't that cute?!" Dawn squealed to Misty as they stood on the last stair step.

May and Ash broke the hug quickly.

"It isn't what it looks like!" May started. "I fell on Ash and then we got up and..."