CHAPTER THREE: BOOM!

-Boring! - Sherlock said as he shot at the wall. John took the gun away from him. - I don't know what's wrong with criminals, it's a good thing I'm not one of them.

-And you take it out on the wall? - I asked him as I entered 221B.

-The wall deserved it. - He replied.

- And the crime of the Belarusian? - John asks.

-It's not worth my time. - What a man.

They started talking about the head of the fridge and John's blog. All I could think about was my father.

-What does it matter that the earth revolves around the sun? - I looked at him in amazement.

-Don't you know that the earth revolves around the sun?

-This is my hard drive, and I only put useful things on it, really useful things. People fill their heads with junk, and I fill it with real stuff.

-But it's the Solar System! - said John amused, I couldn't help laughing. Sherlock curled into a ball and curled up on the sofa.

John came out of the flat to "get some air". Mrs. Hudson came in.

-You should wrap up warmer, it's cold outside. - Mrs. Hudson said when she saw John leave. I got a message.

Meet me at the bakery next door, it's urgent.

JM

-I'm going out for some fresh air too. - I said to both of them, and walked out without further ado.

Yes, I should have taken a coat. Still, I walked towards the bakery, nervous about what James had to tell me.

...

-We didn't have much time to talk at the airport. - Jim was telling me. - I just wanted to see you for a while and hear about your arrival in London.

-Nothing interesting, a fight with my dad and not much else. - I spoke as I munched on a chocolate cake. - He had a couple of run-ins with the government, and I had to choose sides. Let's just say I wasn't happy with either of them and I left. - I just said.

-What do you say we take a walk? - he asked me as he put a note on the table and called the waiter to pick it up. I agreed and we got out of there.

We went to a nearby park, and he started counting.

-I should tell you something, but promise you won't run away, or hit me, or yell at me like you're my mother. - He said with a mischievous, but amused smile.

-What have you done now Jimmy?

-Let's just say that my job is not going to be much fun for you. - I looked at him without knowing what he was talking about. - After leaving that hateful boarding school and the university, I felt that the world was missing... Spicy. - he paused, to dramatise the speech even more. - So after a few contacts and calls I became a consulting criminal. - I broke away from him.

-What are you talking about, James? - I didn't like the direction the conversation was taking.

-Sherlock is a consulting detective, I'm a consulting criminal. People have problems and I solve them. - He said bluntly.

-Do you kill people? - I asked.

-It's not like you've been a saint either, kitten. - I looked him straight in the face.

-I was forced to, you idiot. - Suddenly, he grabbed my shoulder with force.

-Stop joking with me, Olivia. Say one word to the police or Sherlock and you won't like what will happen to you. - He threatened me.