CHAPTER EIGHT: INTERROGATION

Surprisingly, Sherlock was becoming famous.
How? I don't know.

Every day I was on the front page of the press, and that didn't suit me. My father would find me soon enough, my powers couldn't cover me up for that long.

While Sherlock and John were arguing about the nicknames the press had given them, my mobile vibrated. I turned it on to see the notification I had received, and saw that it was a hidden number.

I opened the message, only to find a simple text in all capital letters and in Russian. Just looking at the language it was written in, my body tensed completely. Reading it, I felt the panic running through my veins once again.

МЫ ЗНАЕМ, ГДЕ ВЫ. СДДААТТЬСЯ

WE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE. GIVE IT UP.

Of course, my horrified face did not go unnoticed by Sherlock.

-Are you all right, Olivia? - he asked.

-Yeah, I'm fine. - I said feebly, then changed the subject.

...

Lestrade had called me, quite upset. He needed my help immediately.

Apparently, my dear friend Jim had sneaked into the Tower of London and disguised himself in the crown jewels.

Bloody madman, it's not like him to upset me.

While Sherlock and John were watching the recordings, I managed to secretly persuade Greg to let me see Jim... Well, if I'm honest, I actually messed with his mind a bit and he gave me the go-ahead to go to his cell. It was necessary.

-Do you have permission to go in? - Donovan asked me.

-Yep," I replied, showing Lestrade's card. With some suspicion, Sally let me in.

-Be careful, Liv. Please be careful, Liv. - she said. I don't understand why she was so rude to Sherlock, Sally isn't really a bad person, she just doesn't tolerate Sherlock's treatment of people.

I went inside. There I saw Moriarty sitting elegantly, undeterred.

-I knew you'd come. - He said without looking at me. I decided to turn off the cameras with my powers, I didn't want them listening in on this conversation.

-Am I that predictable? - he finally looked at me, with a small smile. - Why, James, what's the need? I know you like him, but you're going to get yourself into trouble. You're already in trouble, and I can hardly get you out of it. Jim, I don't know if you're turning a deaf ear or if you don't really care about me, but I want you to know that I'd be devastated if anything happened to you. - His face changed to one of compassion. - I don't know if you love me, or if you're just using me to get to Sherlock, but.... -He interrupted me.

-I would never do that, Olivia. Especially not to a brilliant woman like you. And yes, strangely enough, I care about you. But that's my nature, it's fun! I'm having fun doing this! And if anything happens to me, it'll be worth it.

-Jim, for God's sake... You're going to play with Sherlock, aren't you? - he smiled even wider. - You put me in a difficult position. I don't want you to go to prison and I don't want to help Sherlock do it, but you deserve it, James. You're putting your foot in your mouth.

-You love him, don't you? It's obvious. And he knows it. - She said bluntly. I didn't know what to say.

-No. Anyway, he doesn't feel anything for me, or anyone else. And it's none of your business either. He's my friend, so don't do anything. Please don't do anything. - I knew he was going to do something, Jim was no pushover.