CHAPTER TEN: REUNION

1 year later ~

I woke up startled from my nightmare, stunned to hear my phone vibrate.

I saw who was calling and it was Mycroft. I didn't hesitate to pick it up.

-Hello, what's wrong? - I called him from Bangladesh, where he had sent me himself on a rescue mission that had been successfully completed. - I'm on my way back to London, has something happened?

-Sherlock is back. There's a terrorist cell with an imminent attack active in London, and we need his help. And yours too. - Sherlock was going back to London? How was John going to take it? How was he going to show up after his death? Would he still have feelings for me? I doubt it. All these questions were piling up in my head after only 30 seconds of conversation with Mycroft. - He keeps asking about you. Are you in?

I knew today was an important day. How would John react? After a year and a bit missing, it was going to be hard for John not to get angry. In fact, I would have been pretty angry myself.

When Sherlock died I didn't know how to comfort John. He got into drinking, I tried to control him a bit. I was supervising John and living with him for a few months while Sherlock went on a couple of overseas assignments. Every day I would talk to Sherlock and let him know if John had made any improvements.

During this year, John has become my big brother. I have been his mainstay in his sadness, as he has been for me on several occasions.

I made a silly excuse to John about a transfer. Mycroft and I made up that I had to travel because I had been given a government job that required work in other countries. Naturally, John was very upset, but I needed to get rid of the Russians as soon as possible.

Things were complicated at first. I had to call in Captain America himself to get Hydra dismantled (with the help of the British government and James). Then I had to help Sherlock get rid of Jim's network. I was actually faking it, as Jim had given permission to take out his main Network.

After all, it's Moriarty. Jim can do whatever he wants, he doesn't need to rely on a "network" to conquer the world.

Then I went on with the Hydra thing and distanced myself from John. When I finally got rid of those idiots, I had to try to eliminate as much information as possible about my past. No one was ever to know about the things I did.

I did some work for the government, until today, which had been interrupted by the impending news that Mycroft had given me.

...

That same afternoon, just after I got off the plane that dropped me off in London, I got another call.

-Lyra? - said someone I knew on the other end of the line.

-John! It's been a long time! How are you feeling? - I replied excitedly.

-Fine, but I miss you! You have to come to London.

-That's just what I wanted to talk to you about! I'm in London, I've just got back. - I told him excitedly.

-Really? I have to introduce you to Mary! How long are you staying? - Mary?

-I'm coming back to live here again. And by the way, who's Mary?

-She's my girlfriend. I'm going to propose to her tonight, so I'll see you later? - John asks me happily.

-Of course!

...

I knocked on the door of Mycroft's office. Anthea opened the door for me. There I could see Mycroft and Sherlock trying to put on his shirt talking. Sherlock and his brother automatically looked at me.