CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ALLEY

I was more watched than ever. It had been the most suffocating three weeks of my life.

After the airport, Mycroft had taken it upon himself to keep me safe at all costs. There were guards guarding 221B at all hours and I couldn't go anywhere alone. Although I had spoken to the older Holmes about this many times, he refused to let his guard down.

Sherlock was also watching me all the time and would never leave me alone. I was beginning to get considerably overwhelmed, so that day I decided to come up with a plan.

Despite everything they were doing ''for me'', they had to realise that they were going too far. I am self-sufficient and can take care of myself, I don't need an army guarding my house. Even Jim was contributing to my protection.

Everyone was looking for who was causing the threats, but no one was finding him.

I needed to get some air one way or another. But before I could do anything, Sherlock came into my room. I couldn't identify the feeling on his face. It was a mixture of sadness, sorrow, fear, regret and apology. It was all conveyed in his clear eyes just by looking at me.

-Is something wrong? You look strange. - I asked him.

Suddenly, I felt his lips crash desperately against mine. He grabbed my waist and pulled me against him as we melted into our kiss. We broke apart to catch our breath, and Sherlock with slightly teary eyes hugged me tightly around the waist, sinking his head into my collarbone.

-I'm sorry. - he said, his voice cracking.

-I was extremely confused.

-I love you so much Lyra. Don't ever forget that. Never. - Sherlock was crying! What on earth was wrong with him?

At that moment, the door to the room burst open. Sherlock pulled away from me and two policemen grabbed my arms roughly.

It couldn't be happening.

-Sherlock? Sherlock! - Unexpectedly, John and Mary entered the room. What were they doing there? Were they part of this too? - John! Mary! What's going on? Please help me! - I kept shouting and shouting at them.

The cops started dragging me out the door and down the stairs. What the fuck was going on?

-LET ME GO! HELP ME! - I started throwing things at the cops with my powers, and automatically, a bunch of other cops came to grab me. Among them were Anderson and Donovan.

-Lyra, calm down. - Sally kept telling me.

I used my powers and blew more than one cop away. Believe me, at least five cops ended up with broken bones. At that moment, I felt my powers uncontainable and at the peak of my powers, as I had never felt them before.

-NO, NO, NO, NO, LET ME GO! - I screamed like I was in a horror movie.

Mary stood next to me and tried to calm me down, but to no avail. I was too upset and unable to think clearly. My body gave me the choice between screaming, using my powers violently, or kicking and writhing in the arms of the policemen.

What made me sad, but really angry, was seeing Sherlock with a puppy dog face in the corner not knowing what to do. I loved him too much but he had betrayed me.

I felt like I was being watched, all the people I loved were literally watching me being "kidnapped".

-Hey, let her go now! - I heard Lestrade's voice say when I reached the entrance hall. I couldn't believe Greg was there too. All that was missing was the Queen of England.

When I was released, Lestrade tucked me into his arms. I burst into tears like never before, I didn't know what was happening. Then I pounced on Mrs. Hudson, who had come out of her little hiding place in her kitchen, where she had been crying in a frightened way. I could tell that Lestrade and the landlady were having a really hard time, as was I. Both of them escorted me outside, where I saw that they had been crying.