(156) PoD: Boy, You Got Me Helpless!

Eliza could let out a squeal if she weren't trying to hold her composure. Her dearest groom looks perfect, dressed in her father's old wedding suit. A wave of nostalgia hit her, of that familiar sight of her parent's wedding painting that was hung on the hallway wall. She would often look up to that, wondering when she would be able to wear that pretty dress. Jiiya and Baaya did such a good job fitting the tiny young man in that suit. If Eliza could imagine hard enough, she could see someone else in the suit. Someone with a bright smile that shines through the night...

"You gotta be kidding me." Eliza let out a sigh as she turned to the fake suitors, specifically to the lion. "Him?!"

"Yes, him." She smirked. "I've known from the beginning that none of you have a sincere motive."

"But you kidnapped them!" The one with crocodile teeth shouted. "You don't know if they sincerely want this or not."

"But knowing Jonah, he would try to help Eliza," the greenette with the glasses muttered, "even if he had to marry a ghost."

"I can vouch for that," Idia muttered. Jonah just weakly chuckled in response.

"That's why he's the one true prince!" Eliza swooned again. "And there is no way I'm letting him go again!'

"Let me ask you something." The pretty one with the blond hair said, voice rather calculative. "Why are you so on and on about a wedding? You look like you're a twelve years old child."

Eliza pouted. "First of all, I'm on my thirteen years old body, so technically a teenager. And second of all, my biggest regret was not having that happy wedding when I was that age."

"You were thirteen?!" The crocodile boy explained. "And you were married."

"A political marriage, I assumed," one of the twins, the calmer one said. "Royals often send their princes and princesses off to wed another." He glanced at the lionman. "Isn't that right, Mister Leona?"

The lionman let out a sigh. "It's a normal thing. Once you're deemed to be able to bear a child, it's a one-way ticket to a royal wedding." He then smirked. "Which makes me wonder why Malleus is still bitchless. Even I have some bachelorettes back then."

The crocodile boy looked like he wanted to strangle him. "Master Malleus has more important things to do than a wedding with mortals!"

"It still didn't make any sense," said the pretty blond again, sometime his eyes would shift back and forth between the ceiling and Eliza. "You're married and yet your regret was also related to marriage? What's the connection?"

"I am curious also," said the calmer twin. "Why don't you tell us a story? If the groom doesn't mind."

Eliza turned to Jonah. He looked around for a bit before nodding at her. "Uh... I also want to know. Maybe if you tell me about 'him'. You know, the previous owner of my soul...?"

Eliza hummed. It is true that she hadn't told anyone this. Maybe that was why they were so adamant to separate her and Jonah. If they know her reasoning, then maybe they would stop this. Plus, Jonah did just say he wanted to know as well.

"Very well," she said. "I shall tell you my story."

"Is she seriously telling her tragic backstory now?" said the annoying twin.

"Shush, I'm talking!" She cleared her throat before speaking again. "I'll start with once upon a time..."

-----

Once Upon a time, there lived a princess. Her name is Eliza, the princess of the Kingdom of Henshaw. She was known as a kind princess albeit a rather childish one. She wanted to get everything she asked for and yet was not afraid to share.