(83) TMotDS: Agreed Upon Place!

After Azul shouted the broken contract at Jonah, Epel quickly ran out of the underwater café once he saw the bubbles coming out of Jonah's mouth. He knew that there was nothing they could do there. They had to fall back. Jack had already disobeyed the order and jumped straight into battle, and while Epel wanted to join in and punch some senior's faces, he knew it would be useless. If Jack, the strongest person Epel knew couldn't defeat them, what differences would it make if he jumped in?

Luckily he was the first one to jump through the Octavinelle Mirror, quickly hiding behind a pillar so nobody could notice him. He waited for a few seconds before taking a peek again, just when the mirror rippled.

Jack (already dried out) and one of the twins walked out. The twin was still holding his magical pen, still sparking and threatening to strike someone down. Jack was growling, glaring at the older boy, but the tealnette didn't feel threatened.

The next one to come out was the other twin who was dragging an unconscious Jonah by the arm. Without warning the twin threw Jonah's limp body to Jack's arm, which Jack caught him. That seemed did the trick for Jonah suddenly gagged, falling to his knees as he coughed brutally, a lungful of water trickled steadily from his mouth.

"It was nice knowing you, Baby Seal," one of the twins cheerfully said, but there was a serious tone in between. "But we can't let you get near Azul again. You'll end up drowning again if you get near us, even on land."

As if on cue, when Jonah suck a breath, bubbles came out again from his mouth, and once again his hands flew to his neck and clenched it as if that way the air would stay in. Jack fell to his knees, his hands on Jonah but he clearly didn't know what to do.

"Savanaclaw's Jack Howl," the other twins said and Jack looked up to him, still glaring at the smiling senior. "You are welcome to visit the Lounge as guests next time. We will graciously welcome you."

He bowed while the other waved his hand. Both of them jumped back through the mirror and once they were gone, Epel came out from his hiding place and immediately knelt beside Jonah. "Jonah, you have to breathe!" he shouted, patting Jonah's back to force the water out of his lung.

The captain gagged and cough, water flowed out from his mouth. It wasn't as bad as previously but still, the fact that Jonah somehow was cursed to resemblance drowning even on land was horrifying. Eventually the gaging stopped and Jonah was able to suck in another labored breath. Epel inched closer, rubbing a hand firmly against his friend's back to help clear his lungs.

Jonah pressed his trembling hand onto his forehead, trying to calm himself down. "I-I'm fine..." he wheezed.

"No you're not," Jack growled. "We need to take you to the infirmary. We need to keep you breathing." Jack was about to touch him, but Jonah slapped his hand away.

"I said I'm fine." His voice was way steadier now. He tried to get up, only to tumble again, nearly colliding the floor if Jack hadn't caught him.

"I need..." he coughed. "I need to see the headmaster."

Jack and Epel exchanged a glance. "No," said Jack. "We're taking you to the infirmary."

"I said-"

"You can talk to the headmaster there," Epel quickly said. "I'll call him."

Jonah was silent for a bit. And then, he let out a sigh. "Fine. Whatever."

Jack and Epel nodded. The purplenette helped Jonah so he was set on Jack's back. Jack stood up slowly, arms circling Jonah's thigh, giving him a piggyback ride. Jonah clutched to Jack's shoulders, pressing his forehead onto the wolf-boy's neck. By the time Jack and Epel had started walking, the tiredness had finally caught up to him. He was asleep throughout the whole walk.