10. Addie

5th, February

Addie and Jeff ate their sandwiches in complete silence.

  Every once in a while, Addie would ask "You sure it's him?" Jeff would then nod.

  "You sure it's him?" Addie asked, probably for the 7th time. Jeff would have nodded - probably for the 7th time - if he wasn't already done with his 4 sandwiches, which he was.

  "Yes," he groaned.

  "Well, do you know where he lives?" Addie asked, deciding to change her question since Jeff had changed his answer.

  Jeff sighed.

  "He moved to Africa in April," Jeff groaned again.

  "And, which month is it now?" She asked, putting her plate in the kitchen sink.

  "February," he groaned.

  "So our chances of reaching him are?" Addie pressed on.

  "Addie please, I get it. It's my fault that we can't get him - okay? Just don't make me feel horrible about it - okay?" Jeff said, washing the dishes.

  Addie took a sigh and said, "It's not your fault. Sorry for blaming you," She rinsed and wiped the dishes. "I'm sorry," she repeated, leaning on Jeff's shoulder.

___________________________________________________________________
Jacqueline
___________________________________________________________________

Jacqueline looked out of the -only- window in her office. Then, quite unexpectedly, she snapped her fingers.

  "Of course! Nedelion Parcher!" She flapped her hands as she said this, bringing them back down afterwards.

  Then confusion filled her face - she was a horrible actress.

  "Didn't he go to Africa?" She said, then she snapped her fingers again -quite loudly this time.

  "We shall go on a quest to find Nedelion Parcher! I order a quest!"

  She checked the date. February 5th. Then she clapped her hands.

  "I've got a plan!"

\___|___\___~~~\___|___\___

  Jacqueline wrote in small, loopy letters: Just so you know: Jacqueline's plans are horrible, they always fail. They don't involve her going to Africa, that would be crazy! They don't involve her doing crazy things, that would be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________
Jeff
___________________________________________________________________

You could say Jeff liked Addie. Or maybe just had something for her. But Addie definitely did not like him. Also, Addie kept on referring to them as 'friends,' and that really hurt him.

\___|___\___~~~\___|___\___

Jeff climbed on the ladder under Jacqueline's office. "Has she left?" Addie's voice came up.

  "I told you, I heard her say 'I've got a plan!' and walk out," Jeff said, rolling his eyes. "I literally heard her walk out." Then he thought for a moment. "On second thought, she said that, did something - I heard scratching - and then, walked out... Then, I think she-"

  "Has she left?" Addie repeated, interrupting Jeff.

  "Gee, you Americans are all so scared of everything," Jeff answered, feeling his shoe touch the floor of the office.

  "Has she left?" Addie said, not daring to move an inch until Jeff said yes.

  Jeff rolled his eyes again.

"Are you gonna come in? Your goana fall off if you don't move?" Jeff waited. Then he smiled.

"Has she left?" Adelie half-said, half-screamed.

  "Oh my goodness, yes, okay, yes."

  Addie could finally breath again. She climbed up into the room.

  Jeff walked over to a piece of paper on Jacqueline's desk. He was about to touch it when Addie said, "Don't touch that! It right be cursed."

  Jeff jumped. "Scary scared Americans. . ." He mumbled, and picked it up.

  On the paper were a bunch of squiggly lines no one would understand, but Jeff understood. Something was written in ink. Jeff touched the ink, it was still a bit wet.

  Jeff made out something from the squiggly lines. "Jist so you know: Jacqueline's planes are horrible, they alwages fall. They didn't invite her going to Africa, that wouldn't be cram? They didn't invite her ding cram thinks, that wouldn't be cram??" Jeff said, obviously very confused.

  Addie was very confused too. "Alwages? Is that even a word?"

  "Not that I know of..." Jeff muttered quietly.

"Anyway," Addie said, changing the topic. "We came here to steal, -at least that's what you said,- what, exactly are we going to steal?"

  "This," Jeff said, blowing the squiggly lines paper to dry it, then, folding it and putting it in his pocket. "And, this," he said, picking up a piece of paper next to the first, this one had about five paragraphs on it. He folded that one to and put it in his other pocket. Addie understood. The both heard footsteps and started climbing down the ladder. . .