14. Addie

13th, Febuary

"So, have you seen this woman, really creepy -kind of like Godzilla- a big tattoo on her face?" Addie asked Ned.

  "Er -no? Am I supposed to?"

  "No! Its good that you didn't see her. Great! Well, basically, me and Jeff," The thought of Jeff stuck a chord in her heart. She did like Jeff... Oh, so you do! Wonderful, there he comes along now, striding the park with his new girlfriend! Addie looked around, as if Jeff was really there, all along, and Jeffery Alcolock was some other guy. But no one was there.

  "Uhm, you know Jeff right?"

  Ned nodded. "Surprisingly, yes,"

  "Well, me and Jeff, we were..." Again, she stopped. Then, she forgot about her brain, mind and thoughts. She started crying. It was quiet, but it was obvious she was crying.

  "Hey, Its okay, you just need rest, you've been though a lot."

  After a few minutes of Ned comforting her, she said, "Me and Jeff, we were, we were looking for you," she pursed her lips into a tight line and didn't look at Ned.

  "Why exactly, were you looking for me?"

  Addie knew this wouldn't work if she had told him why, so she did something much simpler.

  Addie unfolded and handed Ned a piece of paper. It wasn't damaged, just a bit crumpled and barely some tears. The piece of paper had come from Jacqueline's office, and it roughly had five paragraphs on it.

  "Third paragraph,"

  Ned read it. He didn't get it.

  "I really don't get it, I'm not a-"

  "Don't worry, I wont tell anyone that your a pick pocketer."

  "Wait, how do you know-"

  "Jeff told me. The third kid from the riddle is you. Every one of our researches shows that it is you."

  "You guys did research?"

  Addie hesitated, then, she said, "No,"

  Ned widened his eyes.

  "That doesn't matter! That's not the point. The point is that you are a kid of the riddle. The third one. The third one is the most important!"

  "Hold on, stop me if I'm wrong, I thought the first kid was the most important. Its the first. The riddle makers or whatever, they thought of the first kid first, so I think that the first kid is the most important." Ned said, puling out a chair and sitting on it.

  Addie looked at him and blinked a few times. Then, she muttered, "Yeah, whatever," Ned rolled his eyes.

  "How come at least half of the British population, hasn't lost their eyeballs?" Addie muttered.

  "Huh?"

  "Nothing, got to go, hospital, see Jeff," She said. Then, she hesitated. "Do you wanna come?" Ned shrugged.

  "Sure."