2 | Trust

* * *

* * *

Ace tried to catch his breath as he hunched over beside Dalmaroz. He gritted his teeth as his eyes narrowed, his brain working on overdrive. Sweat dripped off his chin as he analyzed the situation, trying to find the best possible way to reach his target without getting hit. His adversary was perceptive and unwavering in his attempts to knock them down and wouldn't stop until they gave up.

Dalmaroz tapped his shoulder to break him out of his concentration. He made small signals with his hands to direct Ace to go one way while he went another. Being up against an all too eager Helia had proven far more challenging than either had expected. The moment Helia had begun firing off explosions, Ace knew he had to get more serious if he was ever to land a hit on the combustion-wielding maniac.

"Come on, boys. You're making this too easy." Helia was rather smug as he stood in the middle of the field. For training, he opted to pull his long golden hair into a low loose ponytail.

Dalmaroz placed the hilt of one of his swords in his mouth. The action was new to Ace and his eyebrows shot up in surprise. Never before in his life had he witnessed someone attempt to do such a thing.

"Uh-oh, he's getting serious," Helia taunted, quite familiar with the gesture.

Clutching his other two swords in his hands, Dalmaroz began to sprint towards Helia, moving side to side and flipping to avoid the explosions being aimed at him. He was on a mission and Helia was not going to beat him.

"Faster! Faster!" Helia laughed as he waved his hands about. A detonation, inches from Dalmaroz's feet, made him skid to a halt.

Dalmaroz lifted his swords when he got into close enough range to block an array of sharp knives. Thanks to his large sleeves, Helia was able to conceal any and all weapons at his disposal and he hurled each and every one at his best friend. The knives hit metal and fell immediately to the ground, though it did little to deter Helia from continuing his attacks.

Taking a chance, Dalmaroz flew forward in close proximity to Helia. When Dalmaroz landed a few feet behind him, perfectly still, Helia spurted out blood.

Helia spat onto the ground then wiped his mouth. He was amused, to say the least, and now that Dalmaroz had landed an attack, it was time to kick it up a notch. His attacks gradually increased in speed and power, forcing Dalmaroz and Ace to move quicker or face a devastating blow.

"Damn!" Ace had narrowly dodged an explosion. Somehow he'd managed to keep up better than Dalmaroz had expected, though still fell short.

"Keep up or get left." Dalmaroz didn't bother turning around when he took his sword out of his mouth. When Ace drew a questioning look, he elaborated. "We're all giving our all to save Obsidian. This is her time of need so we must all be vigilant and execute our roles perfectly. There is no room for error." He smoothly slipped his swords back into their sheaths. "With that said, if you're not going to take this seriously, then fall back. We can't afford to hesitate."