8 | True Power

* * *

* * *

"What did you say?" Azrael's eyes narrowed at the name that passed Guila's lips. There was no mistaking it for any other which was why he was in such a state of disbelief.

Is my little fire princess really so popular?

Azrael lazily beckoned Guila with his other hand, ushering for her to come closer. She had been so brave to speak his lover's name, but not brave enough to approach. He wondered what sort of trickery Guila had up her sleeve. Humans were not to be trusted, so there had to be some form of deceit.

Guila was more firm as she stood her ground. This was her one chance. "There's something I think you'd want to know."

"Speak, woman." Azrael was still just as calm as he waited for her to continue.

"Obsidian was with the Commandments," she stated and Azrael had figured as much given she was a member. "From what the word was, she was kidnapped. Not even the demons know where she is."

"Kidnapped by whom?" He slowly asked, his entire demeanor still on guard.

"Meliodas."

Silence. A long, deafening silence hung in the air as Azrael remained turned away, making his expression unreadable.

Azrael's fury was building. He had come so far only to find out Obsidian was in danger. How didn't that idiot find that out?! He thought angrily, but the feeling quickly dissipated. There was no way that his minion could fail him, so Guila had to be lying. Yes, that was it. To stop him from committing further acts of violence, she was using Obsidian to confuse and blind him.

Nice try, little one.

The magic Azrael has been holding onto was unleashed and the surrounding area was at risk of the devastating explosion. Azrael was more than willing to wipe the entire city off the map. There was no reason to keep the humans alive for any longer.

Somehow, before it could fully detonate, the magic had managed to be contained by a purple force field much to his dismay. His eyes narrowed and he turned his head slightly to see who could have possibly stopped an attack of that magnitude. A large man lowered his hands as the containment faded and he breathlessly asked if everyone was alright. Fortunately, there had been no casualties as Griamore had used his abilities at exactly the right moment.

"Stand down, demon!" Griamore ordered, with Howser and more Holy Knights now gathered by his side.

"I don't have time for all these distractions." Azrael could feel his magic depleting rapidly and aimed another blast at Griamore in an effort to keep all the knights away from him. He wouldn't allow himself to be cornered so easily.