27 | Fear the Reaper

* * *

* * *

The coolness of the night did little to bring comfort given the circumstances of the demons' gathering. There was plenty of chatter as they anticipated the moment they had all been waiting for. Finally, it was to be the time that the dreadful wench who tried to betray their prince and princess would meet an excruciating end.

From way up high among the towers of the castle, Obsidian sat in wait. Her features pulled into a hardened frown knowing that they all talked about her. Of course, they had nothing bad to say, but it was growing quite tiresome that everything she did had to be commented on. Suddenly, everyone was a critic and had to give their two cents on the matter. Though most of them agreed with the assessment that Medusa had to go down for her ornery ways, they worried Obsidian was not in the proper state of mind to enact such a punishment.

To hell with them, she angrily thought as her pouty lips scrunched up even further. She hated the pitying glances and whispers and the constant asking if she was okay. But she would show them. Show them all that Lady Obsidian didn't need shit from anyone and she would always handle herself no matter what.

Somehow, other matters were on her brain as well. Knowing the information she held regarding Azrael and Meliodas still didn't sit right within her spirit. Azrael had sworn her to secrecy and she'd ultimately chosen to keep it despite the problems it would possibly cause later on. She didn't know why she agreed so quickly to their plan. Was it out of loyalty to Azrael? Who knew? But hearing that the two planned to overthrow the Demon King made things all too intriguing for her as she wanted Zeldris to take his spot more than anything.

Though, she still didn't know whether to slap Azrael for ever taking such drastic measures or applaud him for finding a way to tame the traitor's wild spirit. For Azrael and Meliodas to both agree that enacting a blood oath was a wise decision either meant they were idiots or they fully knew the magnitude of the situation and had a great full-proof plan.

Obsidian almost laughed at the thought.

Nope, they're just idiots.

A part of her wondered what Meliodas was doing with so much time on his hands and envied him being far away from the mess that had been created here. Maybe it wasn't too late to retreat back to the quiet cave that she and Azrael spent time in...

Unfortunately, as nice of a thought as it was, it appeared that running away would prove impossible and she would have to deal with her issues head on. With a grunt, she dropped down to the courtyard below, landing some ways away from the others and she closed her eyes, having taken the time to think long and hard about what she was going to do.

"Hey," Gilthunder's soft voice greeted her and she turned around.

"Hey," she replied back, slightly surprised that he'd come to bear witness to the night. "You know, you really shouldn't be here. I don't think you want to watch what happens."