11 | Things Change

* * *

* * *

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Meliodas beamed as he basked in the warming glow of the sunlight. He held his arms out as his head tilted upwards. "This world is so full of life."

"Useless life," Obsidian replied, not seeing the appeal of the world now that the humans seemed to be running things.

"How can you say that? There's so much beauty in nature."

"Whatever." Obsidian wasn't too interested in the scenery.

"Come on, O, you know you love it as much as I do. You just like being a little shit." He poked her cheeks which made Obsidian roll her eyes. "Come on, give me a smile."

"What's got you in such a good mood? You never paid attention to nature before." Obsidian skeptically arched an eyebrow. "You always say 'This world is poison. One by one all the races will fall to the demon race. I'll squash anyone in my way like an ant.'" She did her best impersonation of him which earned a hearty laugh.

"Call it...a new outlook on life."

Obsidian crossed her arms, wary of his response. "I can't wait to burn all this precious 'life' to the ground. It's been tainted by the humans."

"It's not all so bad." Meliodas hid a smile.

A fluffy brown rabbit hopped along through the grass. It stopped short when it noticed itself getting too close to the demons.

"Look!" Meliodas pointed at the small creature. "A bunny! Your favorite!"

"Like I could ever like something so tiny and weak."

Now it was Meliodas's turn to roll his eyes. "It's just us, O. You don't have to pretend." He slowly approached the rabbit while holding out his hand to it. "Hey, little guy. You have nothing to fear, okay? I'm not here to hurt you." He bent down to let it get a good whiff of him.

The bunny, though cautious, seemed a bit more relaxed now as it moved forward a little. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Meliodas laughed in triumph as the bunny moved even closer and he sat in the grass to play with it.

"He's so cute. You're missing out."

Obsidian still refused. "Be serious, Meli."

Her stubbornness faded once she saw him pick the animal up in his arms and subsequently presented it to her. It became apparent that cuteness was the quickest way to weaken her. She fawned over the small animal and took it from Meliodas to cuddle herself. Obsidian was gentle and loving and the bunny adored the attention.

"You are so cute! Yes you are! Yes you are!" Obsidian couldn't help herself from caving into the cuteness. When Meliodas laughed, she scowled. "What?"