20 | Unlikely Allies

* * *

* * *

"So, what's the plan? O won't be exactly happy to see me, you know. There's no way she'll be okay with having me around." Meliodas stood beside Azrael.

"You leave that to me. She just needs a little convincing."

"I hope you know what you're doing..."

"You've gotta be kidding me. How did you find me?" Obsidian held her sword at the back of Meliodas's head.

"I'm not stalking you if that's what you're thinking." He didn't move a muscle when she pressed it further.

"Azrael, get your girl. Tell her I mean no harm."

"Azrael? Azrael!" Obsidian thumped his forehead and he blinked as his eyes focused on her. "Did you even hear a thing I said?" She had a hand on her hip.

"No," he admitted, knowing the answer would irritate her. "Sorry, I've a lot on my mind," he apologized genuinely. It was true, after all, between coming back and his new alliance with Meliodas, there was a lot to deal with. Azrael had made a bold decision when he signed his soul away in order for him to rise as a god. He didn't regret it as he could finally achieve his life-long dream with the help of the unlikeliest of allies. And once he was able to rise, everything else would seem so much smaller.

Once the moment between the former couple had been interrupted, Obsidian had quickly gone from sentimental to furious when Meliodas had stumbled upon them. While he found the situation amusing, she didn't think the same and looked to Azrael for assistance in dealing with him.

Meliodas chuckled at how red Obsidian was. "Yeah, I definitely interrupted something. Look at you, O, still such a hot little commodity, aren't you? Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."

Embarrassed, she grunted and poked further into his head. What he'd thought he'd seen was not what truly transpired. There was no way Obsidian would've given in like that.

Once Azrael had taken a moment to get himself together, he lowered Obsidian's weapon. "No need to worry. He's on our side."

"Bullshit." She aimed it back at Meliodas.

"It's true," said the traitor and he slowly turned around to face her blade that was still firmly held up to keep him back.

Obsidian prodded his nose. "Why would I ever believe a word that comes out of that lying mouth of yours?"

"Come on, O, we've been through this. What reason do I have to lie? Hey, Azrael, you mind getting your girlfriend under control?" Meliodas turned to him for assistance.

"There's not a man alive who can tell me what to do." Obsidian's eyes narrowed.

"Seriously, it's alright." Azrael rubbed her back to calm her down. Seeing Meliodas had put her in a spin and she was ready to enact violence.