Chapter 14: Reach The Light

Ink's fearful pupils turned to white slits.

His mouth reverted to a flat line.

His paintbrush fell to the ground with a clatter.

Everyone else on the path backed away with extreme caution, fearing the worst.

But Ink did nothing.

He just dashed ahead.

It seemed like he had found something important.

Blue let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. Dream and Science weren't so sure about his sudden departure, though.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Me too."

Meanwhile, Cross and Horror were spying on the Star Sanses (Horror, again?)

"Hmmmm... Ink went emotionless, right? And he most likely knew where the artefacts were, just like Error."

"Your point being?"

"We should follow Ink."

"YOU COULD HAVE JUST SAID THAT!"

But Horror followed Cross anyways.

Unbeknownst to them, Dream heard every word the duo said.

And he was worried. That was Horror and Cross.

Thinking of the latter, Dream started blushing anyways.

But Science soon ruined his daydreaming.

"Hey, Dream, what should we do now?"

Dream was, surprisingly, quite composed when he was brought out of his fantasy.

"Um... I think we should follow Ink. He knows a lot about the AU's, maybe he would know where the positive artefact is!"

Science nodded.

"That sounds like a good plan. Also, about the brush?"

That brought their attention to 'Broomie', as Ink affectionately named it.

"I KNOW HE LOVES HIS PAINTBRUSH. WE SHOULD BE GOOD FRIENDS AND BRING IT TO HIM!"

"Yeah!"

So they picked up the paintbrush, and marched in the direction where Ink ran.

⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"HERE IS THE CAVE THAT INK WENT INTO!"

Science started to observe.

The cave seemed like a cat could barely fit in it, much less an artefact. The tunnel ahead was pitch-black as they stepped near the entrance. 

"Hmm... The cave is very dark. We would need a light source to see where we would be going."

Dream's scepter lit up, causing their surroundings to be visible

"Will this be enough?"

Science realized the light was from the scepter. His face went from surprised to smug. 

"Who added that function for you, Dream?" he said with a mocking tone.

Dream sighed. Science could be like that sometimes. 

"You did. Now can we go in?"

"Yep. And don't you forget it."

They stepped into the mysterious cave, closer to the artefact than ever before.