20. The wanderer found his home

Mini: After that, we met for the first time...

______________________________________

He sighed in relief, as he was still anticipating something that would have happened before he came to the picture.

Flashback

Mini was now hopeless. She thought it was the end of it, probably the last day of her life, the end of all her dreams, her aspirations, her journey, was so cruel, she just couldn't believe. But then, she heard the sound of the door opening. She understood that the lift was now working. As a ray of hope, entered a boy, from the basement itself.. from the place where the boys were not expecting anyone to enter. Definitely 3-4 years older than her, he looked shocked beyond limits after getting a glimpse of the horrendous thing happening. He was none other than Neil. The boys tried to push him out but he closed the door of the lift. The 1st one tried to use the same blade on him as well but he kicked him once and thrashed his jaw again and again because of which, the other two understood that now they need to run. As the lift stopped at upper basement, they both ran outside. Neil kicked the one he was fighting with, once again, and he fell on the floor, near Mini's feet. He still didn't back out as he now held her foot and tried to pull her down. At that point, she was so drained out that she just couldn't move. She was numb, totally numb and was looking down, not purposely at anything in particular but just at the floor. Neil saw the move the boy was trying to make and trampled his hand so that his hold was loosened. He then pulled him up and made him stand so as to click a picture that would be useful to file a complaint... But he found the chance and ran out of the lift....
Neil was about to follow him but he knew, his priority should be the girl.

Neil's POV:

Jise zindagi dhoondh rahi hai
Kya ye woh makaam mera hai
Yahaan chain se bas ruk jaaun
Kyun dil ye mujhe kehta hai
Jazbaat naye se mile hain
Jaane kya asar ye huaa hai
Ik aas mili phir mujhko
Jo qubool kisi ne kiya hai

Kisi shaayar ki ghazal
Jo de rooh ko sukoon ke pal
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar
Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar

He turned towards her. A petite figure, looking so weak in that moment but her eyes depicting that she fought with all her might. He noticed that the dress she was wearing, which otherwise would have looked so good on her, was torn in a brutal way. He removed the jacket he was wearing and gently placed it around her shoulders. The wound on her back didn't came to his notice, but what certainly made him extremely worried, suddenly, was the fact that she was not breathing!!! She was standing numb and still...

Neil: Hey!! You are absolutely fine... Look around... It's all okay now .. (he held her hand lightly to assure her as well as to bring her out of her phase of numbness) Relax.. okay listen... Close your eyes and take a deep breath... Let it go. It's all fine ...

And he slowly felt that the hold on his hand was getting more firm.

Mini's POV:
Those soothing words hit her right in her soul. And then she realised she wasn't breathing at all, and slowly released the breath she was holding up for god knows how long. Her whole body was sweating. She looked at the hand she was holding tightly, the hand which was leading her to a place she didn't know, the hand which she didn't want to leave ever. With trembling steps, she finally came out of the dreaded place she would not want to visit even in her dreams. As the fresh air touched her face, her body started relaxing and she finally came out from the state we often call "numbness". She replayed the whole incident that happened with her and tears made their way through her eyes but she didn't leave his hand for a second. His other hand was rubbing her back in a comforting way. She cried until she had no strength left in her body. His soothing words were surely doing an effect, as slowly, she started becoming normal.