Boring Me || Trans Jake

Milo's POV:

I'm sitting on the couch watching TV when the door bursts open with someone running quickly fast into another room, I can see though that it's my sister, Jade. Lately Jade's told me she isn't feeling happy of who she is, I never understood what she meant and I don't understand it now. I quickly get up from my spot and follow Jade to see if she's alright. I can see her run into the bathroom and lock it so I knock on the door and see if she'll answer.

M: "Jade, are you alright in there?"

J: "I'm j-just fine Milo."

M: "Are you sure? You seemed pretty upset."

J: "Milo, I said I'm fine, so just leave."

Obviously I don't leave because I want to hear what she does, so I put my ear on the door and listen, it's mostly crying and some muttering that I can't understand so I don't think too bad about what she's saying, this last for some minutes before I can hear the drawer in there open. I start to get a bit confused but get some sense knocked into me when I hear scissors sniping.

M: "Jade, what are you doing in there, are you ok?"

I don't get a response and am only met by now a sudden buzzing sound, is that the razor? I start getting a little nervous about what she's doing until I look down a see hair. I figure it's mine until I look at it way more carefully. My hair is just blonde looking while this hair is blonde with some red on it, it's Jade's hair, but why the heck is she cutting her hair? I'll try asking but I don't think I'll get an answer.

M: "Jade, why are you cutting your hair?"

J: "I'm not cutting my hair Milo."

M: "Jade, there's a piece of hair on the ground herethat belongs to you, fess up."

J: "Well it's not mine."

M: "Jade, this hair is blonde and red, it must be your hair."

J: "It might be mom's hair."

M: "Jade, I found it now, it's your hair, what the heck are you doing in there, please come out."

There's a silence before I hear Jade put the scissors and razor away and hear her cry a bit more.

M: "J-Jade?"

Suddenly, I can see the door knob fidgeting, Jade's coming out. I stand away from the door as it opens and I look up and Jade stands there with tears in her eyes and a brand new hairdo. Now it's kinda mangy on the top and shaved on the sides, why would she do this?

M: "Jade, why is your hair-"

J: "Um Milo."

M: "Y-Yes?"

J: "Please don't call me Jade, call me, Jake."

Suddenly, everything leading up to this moment makes sense, Jade-I mean, Jake being upset of her-his body, all the times Jake wondered if being a boy was better and of course the haircut.

M: "Jade-I mean, Jake, are you?.."

J: "Trans? I think so."

Suddenly, Jake gets on his knees and starts crying, I'm not totally sure how to help but I give him a big hug.

J: "Y-You're not gonna judge me?"

M: "Of course not Jake, you're my sis-brother, and you'll always be my brother no matter what."

Jake sniffs before smiling at me.

J: "Heh, thanks little bro."

M: "So, if you don't mind me asking, why?"

J: "Uh, well to keep it short, I felt, boring as me, so I wanted to change a bit."

M: "Well alright bro, I support."

Me and Jake smile at each other before sharing a fist bump.