Under The Sea || Henry & Jake Mermaid AU

Henry swan around the blue, trying to find his good friend, Jake. Henry asked every creature he could, yet none of them seemed to know where Jake was. After about 5 more minutes, Henry spotted something, it was a boat. Growing up, Henry had always been taught that boats and every human thing was bad, Henry however couldn't seem to stop being fascinated by the humans, quite an interesting creature indeed.

Henry sat on a nearby rock and watched the boat go passed him, suddenly, Henry could hear thunder, looks like a rainstorm, Henry thought. Henry never liked the rain so he swam down a bit so that the thunder was almost muted, suddenly, Henry could see something fall into the ocean, curiosity got the best of the little mermaid and he went over to investigate, suddenly, Henry could see that the mysterious figure was a human boy, looking about as old as him. Henry stared at the man for a bit, looking up and down at him, his red hair, his glamorous freckles and his outfit that made him look like a sailor which made Henry figure he was from the boat he saw minutes ago.

Not a moment more, Henry picked up the man with his scrawny arms and made his way to the surface. Reaching the top, Henry made his way to land he saw in the distance, slowly but surely he could see the boy starting to gain consciousness making Henry attempt to rush faster. Eventually, he made his way to the surface an carefully laid the man on the sand, just then, Henry saw the boy open his blood red eyes and stared directly at the mermaid.

H: "Hello human."

The boy stared at Henry for once longer than answered back to Henry's conversation.

L: "Um, hello, wh-what even happened?"

H: "Oh, I assumed that you fell into the ocean and where under for about 5 minutes, but don't worry, I managed to save you before you could stop living."

L: "W-Wow, thank you, uh?"

H: "Henry, and what's your name sir?"

L: "No need to call me sir Henry, name's Liam."

Liam. Henry stared into his eyes and could feel his face getting red.

L: "Here, let me help you out of the water."

Henry reached his hand out then stopped, he couldn't let Liam know he was a mermaid, he would judge him for sure, or worse he would call him a monster.

H: "Uh I'm good actually, I was just gonna swim around some more."

L: "Oh, alright, well, I hope to see you around again Henry, bye!"

H: "B-Bye!"

Henry watched as Liam walked away, can't helping but to think if he would ever see the male again.