𝟬𝟬𝟱 emotional motion sickness

chapter five, emotional motion sickness

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The only difference between the Vera sisters was Kayla was the one who preferred marijuana, but Izzy preferred to get as drunk as she could. It sort of numbed everything she was feeling which was a relaxing feeling for Izzy.

She currently sat in Nina's room while the party was happening outside of the closed bedroom door. It had just started twenty minutes ago and their entire class had already seemed to be there. Nina also lived in a very large and expensive house (that was basically Izzy's dream home), so people liked to take advantage of the outdoor pool and movie room.

Both Izzy and Nina were fixing their makeup in Nina's room, Nina in her bathroom while Izzy sat at the girl's vanity mirror. Contrary to popular belief, Izzy wasn't a party person. She was good at pretending to be, though. She would much rather down a bottle of vodka next to someone she cares about and rant about her life than get shitfaced drunk in a room full of almost 100 people.

Although Izzy's focus was on fixing the smudge on her eye from her eyeliner, she could hear Nina's voice come from the cracked bathroom door in the room. "So, how's the fake relationship going? Did you invite Miguel here?" Nina asked.

Izzy huffed, finally fixing the makeup, and looked at her reflection as she spoke back. "I did, he said he was going to text me when he got here, but it's okay, I guess. Yesterday, we did this one-on-one fight in the park and I won three times out of six." Izzy spoke proudly, even though she didn't really win it all.

     Nina opened the bathroom door and had a smile on her face as she walked out, "So you guys tied?" She questioned in a playful tone and Izzy just scoffed at the question.

     Nina then leaned on the wall by the vanity Izzy sat at. She was quiet for a moment before her lips formed into a playful smile to a smug grin. "A one-on-one fight, huh?" Nina exclaimed.

     Izzy immediately knew what Nina was assuming and she shook her head. "Nope. I know what you're going to say —"

     "Relax! I'm kidding. I know you wouldn't dare to actually date Miguel." Nina cut the girl off, raising her hands up in defense and pushing herself off of the wall.

     A sigh left Izzy's lips as her eyes trailed down to her phone that lit up from a text from Miguel saying he was here. Another sigh came from Izzy, but it came out more as a defeated huff as she turned in the chair to see Nina putting a cardigan over her outfit.