𝟬𝟮𝟮 i hate the way i don't hate you

chapter twenty two, i hate the way i don't hate you

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Izzy stood in her bathroom, fixing the outfit she had on while Nina sat outside in Izzy's room, laying on the girl's bed skipping through the playlist of songs that was coming from Izzy's laptop.

          The Vera girl was in a really good mood, maybe because it was that she was going to finally get back with Miguel, or maybe because it was the adrenaline she always got when she came out winning. Izzy didn't know, but she felt happy, like everything was going to slowly piece back together after being broken for so long.

Her eyes were on her reflection in the mirror, staring at her arm as she wore a short sleeve shirt which exposed part of the scar Izzy was scared to show. She hated looking at it, because Izzy thought of it as a reminder that she wasn't as strong as she came off to be. But, Izzy knew it was never going to go away, so she had to own it.

A sigh left Izzy's lips as she turned the light off to the bathroom, then stood in the doorway, looking at Nina who was now scrolling through her phone.

"I think I'm going to get back with Miguel tonight." Izzy spoke, watching Nina quickly look up from her phone and sit up in the bed.

Nina looked surprised, but a smile appeared on her lips. "Wait, seriously?" She asked, letting out a relieved breath when Izzy nodded.

"Finally! I convinced myself, and like five other people, that love wasn't real when you two broke up. I was like, if my best friend can't be happy then I can't be happy, and no one can be happy." Nina rambled, shrugging her shoulders.

          A nervous sigh came from Izzy as she walked over to sit on the bed next to Nina. "I think I might tell him that I love him." Izzy told her friend who raised her eyebrows when she heard Izzy's words.

"Do you?" Nina then asked.

Izzy nodded. "I do, I felt like I was on top of the world with him, and–and I hate myself for letting Cobra Kai scare me into breaking up with him." Izzy explained, frowning a little and Nina did as well when she saw Izzy's face soften.

"Well.. tell him exactly that. Trust me, he definitely feels the same. I'm pretty sure he's been in love with you since the beginning." Nina shrugged, but Izzy just laughed at her words.