30. Shall we begin

'Don't stand so still it's hard to hit a moving target' Jon said trying to bond with his brothers 'Except for you.' he motioned to pip, 'you move too much,' he saw Tyrion watching him from the doorway above, 'you pull your sword out, jump around and you do all the work for me.' jon informed him.

'How many winters have you seen Lord Tyrion?'

'Eight no nine' he said.

'All of them brief?' The maester questioned.

'No, the winter of my birth was three years long Maester Aemond.' Tyrion informed him.

'This summer has lasted nine but word from the citadel tells us that the summer grow shorter... winter is coming. This one will be long and dark, things will come with it.' Maester aemond told them.

'We've been capturing Wildlings more every month they are fleeing south the ones who we find say they have seen the white walkers.'

'And the fisherman of Lannister port say they see mermaids' Tyrion told them humorously.

'The night watch is the only thing standing between the realm and what lays beyond and it has become an army of undisciplined boys and tired old men' maester aemond told Tyrion. 'There are less than 1000 of us now,' he went on 'we cannot manage the other castles beyond the wall, we cannot properly patrol the wildlings, we barely have enough led to keep our men armed and fed.'

'Your sister sits by the side of the king. Tell her we need help' he requested 'When winter does come, God's help us all if we are not ready.' Aemond told Tyrion.

++

'I'm sorry to see you leave' Jon said as Tyrion finished pissing off the edge of the wall

'It's either me or this cold and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.' Tyrion told him.

'Will you stop at Winterfell on your way south?'

'I suppose I will gods know there are not many featherbeds between here and Kings Landing.' Tyrion reminded him

'If you see my brother Bran tell him I miss him tell him I'd visit if I could.' Jon requested

'Of course' Tyrion said.

'He may never walk again' Jon informed him

'If you're going to be a cripple it's better to be a rich cripple. Take care snow' Tyrion said walking past.

'I will my Lord... Lord Tyrion?' He turned back to Jon. "When you get to the capitol... could you tell everly I miss her.'

'Of course.' Tyrion agreed.

+

'Lord Stark.' Varys said, greeting him in the small council room.

'Lord Varys' ned greeted him. Varys clutched at neds hands

'I was very sorry to hear about the troubles you had on Kings Road, we are all praying for Prince Joffrey's full recovery.' Varys told him.

'Shame you didn't say a prayer for the butchers son,' Ned remarked, 'Renly you are looking well,' Ned remarked.

'And you are looking tired, you spent a long time on the road.' Renly remarked,

'But then we have a kingdom to look after.' Ned added. Ned looked around the group.

'I hope to meet you for some time Lord Baelish,.' Ned said hesitantly.

'No doubt lady Catelyn has mentioned me.' Petyr said happily.

'She has lord Baelish I understand you knew my brother Brandon as well.' Ned said slightly smug.

'All too well, I still carry a token of his esteem from stomach to collarbone.' Petyr traced up his chest.

'Perhaps you shouldn't have chosen my brother to duel with.' Ned remarked

'The man that I chose was a worthy opponent for the woman I was fighting for. I'm sure you would agree?' Ned just looked over at Petyr with distaste. He did not agree. Petyr could have Catelyn for all he cared. He stared at Petyr a moment longer, could Bran or Rickon be his? No, surely not Ned would have known if Bealish was at winterfell.

'I hungrily beg your pardon,' Maester Pycelle said

'grand Maester,' ned said looking to the man.

'How many years has it been? You are a young man.' Pycelle noted.

'And you served another king,' Ned reminded him

'Oh how forgetful of me,' he reached into his pocket pulling out the hand of the King pin, giving it to Ned.

'shall we begin?'