70. 18TH BIRTHDAY

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG!!!!!!!!! I WAS HAVING A WRITERS BLOCK!!!!!!!!! I still kind of am...I'M SORRY!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Stalker..." I was stood by the window of the tall building. I had slightly moved the curtains aside to watch people walking through the streets.

"Hey, Mr.Stalker, where are you?" I turned around as I heard a worried voice in the background. I jolted away from the windows and made my way towards the screens showing Misa. The room was instantly darkened as the curtains went back to it's place. I stood slightly away from the screen to the left of L.

"Let's stop playing this game..." L was crouched on the chair like usual with a chocolate halfway to his mouth. Matsuda and Aizawa were stood behind L, confused.

"Stalker? What does that mean? Her attitude completely changed all of a sudden."

"Hmm." I hummed in agreement to Aizawa's statement. As L heard my voice, he snapped out of his shock and turned to me, nodding. I nodded back. With that we went back to watching Misa.

"Mr Stalker, this is illegal. Stop it. Please Mr. stalker!"

"She's been acting like this ever since she passed out and regained consciousness." I silently listened to the whole conversation, not inputting any of my ideas.

"Honestly. Does she think she can play dumb like this?" Matsuda asked in a rather irritated voice. I looked around, trying to spot Soichiro. He'd been here the whole time but I wasn't even able to talk to him. As I turned behind me, I saw him sitting on a chair with a dejected look. Of course he would look like that, it was his son and his son's girlfriend we were suspecting. I walked back t0 him with a worried look.

"Soichiro..." I whispered, not wanting to distract the others. Misa started talking in the background again. Something about taking her blind fold off.

"Hmm?" He was pulled out of his trance and he looked at me. His face slightly brightened when he saw me. His lips curved into a small tired smile. I returned the smile and sat down on the floor, I tried what I thought would make him feel a little better. I placed my head on his lap and smiled. He was my comfort. And his children, including I were his comfort. I put the Kira case and everything else at the back of my mind. Because at the moment, I needed to make my father happy. A breathy chuckle left his lips as he petted my head.

"The floor is cold. You should get up or you'll get sick." Soichiro told me. I shook my head and gave a huge grin.

"No. This is comfortable." I adjusted my head so it was more comfortable. He shook his head and smiled. Some of the tiredness seemed to be slipping away just like they should.

"It's been a while hasn't it? I can't remember the last time we spent a good amount of time together." Soichiro had a thoughtful expression on his face.

"I miss being together with you like family...I really do." I felt a lump in my throat and difficulty breathing. I knew this feeling all too well. My eyes felt like they were burning. I shut my eyes close in an attempt to reduce the burning sensation in my eyes.

"Oh right...here..."He pulled out a small box from his inside pocket. It was a black leather box, I raised my head to look at Soichiro with a confused glance.

"Happy Birthday." I sat up properly and smiled. He pulled my head in and gave me a soft peck on the head. He took my right hand and placed the small box on it. It seemed that the box looked small only because they were held in his hand, in mine, they covered my whole palm. The box was tied with a black ribbon that was formed in a rather messy bow.