Training to be an Avenger - chapter 5

I closed my eyes, after a few moments when I opened them I was in the air flying I looked down seeing that every single avenger was looking at me in awe.

"I always wanted to do that!" I said happily "I'm gonna take this on a test drive don't wait up for me." I flew away in lighting speed, when I stopped I was flying over the forest, I heard some cries and I followed the sound, when the sound was finally loud enough I flew to the ground looking around I found a baby phoenix on the ground, I walked closer to it "who are you? Please don't hurt me" the baby phoenix said. "Uhm... No I'm not gonna hurt you, come on I'll treat your wounds if you have any than I'll bring you back here of you want." I replied nervously.

"Okay fine what's your name tho?" The baby phoenix said. "Arlin, what's yours" I replied while petting the baby. "Aphro and I'm a girl just so you know." Aphro replied. "So sassy I like you already." I replied picking aphro up and flew to the avengers tower.

When we arrived at the avengers tower it was around midnight- I took my sweet ass time - I decided to walk into the kitchen to prepare Aphro some water, I grabbed a small bowel and putted some water in it and gave it to her, while she was drinking I heard foot steps behind me, I turned to see it was Bucky, "when did you get back?" Bucky asked, "just now, didn't realize I was gone for that long." I replied, "I'm done drinking so refreshing." Aphro replied, "when did you have time to find her?" Bucky asked, "Oh when somehow I reached in the middle of some kind of woods idk, she was injured and scared, also somehow I can talk to animals, which kinda is understandable since I'm somehow an angel." Arlin rembelled on.

Bucky looked a bit confused but understandable, he didn't asked further questions tho. "Oh by the way, pretty sure Tony didn't mention this but the floor you live on is the floor to which I live in as well." Bucky said, Arlin was a bit shocked that tony didn't mention this but I guess he forgot, "considering this is tony we are talking about I understand why he didn't mention is. Anyway I'm off to bed, night James." And with that Arlin scooped Aphro and went to her room on her and Bucky's floor.

Bucky's POV

It was quite nice talking to the new member of the team, she was nice, sweet, smart, she makes amazing food, and by the way she acted pretty sure she missed her home but she is excited to be here.

The team barley knew her and they already liked her, when she randomly got up, went to the roof, I decided to follow her and when I reached there saw jumped I felt my stomach drop but when I saw her suddenly fly up with a smile on her face I felt relived she looked cute, than she flew off to God knows where.

I got up and checked the time it was around 1 am, I went to the kitchen and saw her with some kind of animal, with gold, red and orange feathers a Phoenix? "When did you get back?" I asked "just now, didn't realize I was gone for that long." Arlin replied, I saw her turn to the bird and smile what's that about? "when did you have time to find her?" I asked, "Oh when somehow I reached in the middle of some kind of woods idk, she was ingured and scared, also somehow I can talk to animals, which kinda is understandable since I'm somehow an angel." Arlin rebelled on.

I was a bit confused when she said that I'll ask Bruce and Tony in the morning, I didn't asked further questions tho. "Oh by the way, pretty sure Tony didn't mention this but the floor you live on in the floor to which I live on as well." I said, Arlin was a bit shocked that tony didn't mention this but I guess he forgot, "considering this is tony we are talking about I understand why he didn't mention is. Anyway I'm off to bed, night James." And with that Arlin scooped the baby bird and went to her room on her and my floor. When she called me by my first name I was a bit confused no one ever called me James here. I got what I came to the kitchen for and went to my room.

This girl is gonna be the death of me.

Walking back into my room I layers on my bed staring at the ceiling "my friend you are in for a treat."

"Who are you?"

"Relax my friend you'll know soon."

"Okay what do you want?"

"Nothing, go to the middle east in a cave you'll find a book it will help Arline know who she really is"

"Uh okay why are you trying to help?"

"She is my sister soldat."

-Normal pov-

I woke up to a feeling someone was over me watching I opened my eyes a bit and got scared, "Jesus Vision please don't do that again!" I sat up a bit holding my chest, "my apologies miss, but the avengers request your presents in the main gym." Vision said, "alright I'll be down the minute I'm done getting ready." I replied. Vision left and I got out of bed and got ready, I took a short shower, got dressed in a sports bra and leggings, I brushed my teeth and putted my hair in a high ponytail. I pressed the elevator botten,

"Where would you like to go Arline" asked Friday

"The main gym please Fri," I replied

"As you wish,"

When I arrived in the main gym the entire team was there, "AHH LADY ARLINE,-" Thor shouted, "Inner voice Thor I have discovered new powers, not the fact I'm deaf... Well maybe I am now." I teased. Everyone laughed at that.

"Alright, at the center Arline let's see your new powers how they work." Tony said, and I did as he said. "Alright, let's see what you got." Said Steve.

I started doing magic similar to Wanda's but instead of being red it was white, I was shocked but impressed, I felt... Stronger, wiser more powerful.