Chapter 1

Destiny Bailey|23
September 25th

Destiny hummed along to her music as she swept her living room floor. Having a dog caused you to clean up 10 times more than when you didn't have one. While she loved her baby, the girl had fur everywhere she walked.

"And I love you for that baby," she sung along to Why I Love You So Much by Monica, her Yorkee Cashmere also known as Cash watched her from the mattress foam bed that laid in the corner of the living room area.

She swept the trash into the dustpan and dumped it out into the garbage. She then straightened up her couch pillows, her best friends had come and stayed over last night. They had a sleepover in the living room so she had to do a semi deep cleaning in her living room and kitchen.

Once she finished fixing up her couch her phone began to ring, she walked over to her Island counter and grabbed it.

One thing she loved about her apartment was it's open floor plan, she could see everything from both her living room, dining area and the kitchen.

"Hello," she answered her best friend call sitting on her white suede couch.

"What you doing?"  Miyann voice rang through the phone.

"Just got done cleaning up, what you doing?" Des retorted.

"Nothing much... bitchhhh why I just get us court side tickets to the game tonight!!" She yelled excitedly. Destiny laughed at her friend.

"Oh ok," Destiny appreciated her friend, more than anything. But Destiny didn't know A THING about basketball. All she knew was travel, double dribble, and shoot the ball.

"I know right super exciting. So be ready, the game starts at 7:30 but we gotta make it early so we can get a parking spot," Yanni told her before hanging up the phone without another word.

Destiny hadn't had any plans today, she just wanted to clean her house, handle some last minute packaging and sleep.

She didn't make a move to get up from her seat as she contemplated on what she would wear. She despised last minute plans.

***

The 2 girls were now sitting courtside at the Atlanta Hawks game, there other friend, Alexis, was supposed to be attending but she had motherly duties to tend too.

"This shits is nice," Yanni spoke looking around the large packed stadium, Des nodded in agreement as the boys warmed up. She had never been so close to the court before, she had been to a few NBA games but never this up close and personal.

"So how you get these tickets?" Destiny questioned looking at her friend who held a smirk on her face.

"My new nigga," Yanni 'whispered' loudly.

"He on the team?" Destiny asked and Yanni nodded with a proud smile.

"Yes girl, I told you I was done with them SoundCloud rappers, I moved onto bigger and better tingz," she said swiping her hand under her chin.

"You are hell, so which one is he?" Destiny asked looking at the court full of tall gentleman.

"Number 20, he a li lightskin but he put in that workkk sista gurl," she smirked looking the player up and down.

"Mmm, so how long y'all been talking, cause it ain't been too long you stopped talking to Peewee," Destiny snickered at the nickname of her friends last situationship.