Chapter 7

Dejounte Murray |25
November 2nd

"Anddddd the Hawks with another win off the season, with the score being 127-120. Ladies and gentleman give a congratulations to both teams as you exit the stadium. Have a good night and God bless," the man over the intercom spoke. The crowd hadn't listened to a thing he said as the Atlanta Hawk's crowd cheered loudly, they had taken home a win against the Mavericks.

Dejounte had a huge smile on his face as he walked with his teammates to the locker room, he couldn't wait to go back and greet his daughter and his girlfriend that didn't even know she his girlfriend.

After the 15 minute talk and the 10 minutes it took for him to get dressed he was walking out the lockers. He pulled his bag over his shoulder as a big smile appeared on his face. He immediately made eye contact with his father.

He placed his finger up to his mouth to shush him, he smiled as he quietly approached behind his mother who was holding Kinsley.

Dejounte inwardly shook his head, that girl loved babying her. Knowing good and well she was too big to be holding that girl.

"Wassuppp," he yelled wrapping his arms around her. His mom slightly jumped and Kinsley arms hooked around her neck tighter.

"Ooh daddy," Kinsley smiled reaching for him, he grabbed her and began to plant kisses all over her face.

"Congratulations baby," his mom smiled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Congrats son, y'all on one this season," his dad smiled patting his son on the shoulder.

"Man we on that every season," he smacked his lips making his parents roll their eyes. He glanced around the emptying stadium, "where Destiny?" He asked them fixing his bag on his shoulder.

"Oh yeah she went to the restroom back that way, I like her," his mom smiled, it brought a smile to his face.

"That's good, you like her ole' man?" He asked his pops looking over at him as he swung his arm around his dad. Dejounte towered over his father by 2 inches, he stood at 6'4.

"I do, ion know why she with you but she cool," he told his son, Dejounte smacked his lips.

"Oh hush, yo father only saying that to you because everybody used to ask me why I was with him," his mother sucked her teeth waving off her husband.

"Hey everyone," Destiny smiled waving as she walked up to them.

"Hi baby," Dejounte smiled hiking Kinsley up on his waist as he walked over to her.

"Hi, you did sooo good tonight. I have a bunch of footage," she smiled, he wrapped his empty arm around her shoulder and she gladly stepped into his embrace.

"I heard y'all meeting went good?" He questioned raising a eyebrow.

"Oh yes, your parents are truly amazing," Destiny smiled, "your father is hilarious, he had me dying laughing the entire game," she smiled.

"I be tryna tell people but they don't listen," Derrick, his father, shook his head causing them to laugh.

"Cause if they told you that, they'd be lying," Melanie, Dejounte mother, shook her head at her husband. He could be so conceited sometimes.

"Oh here she go, you just mad," he waved his wife off.

"Boy ain't nobody mad," she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, where Samaja?" Dejounte asked looking around the stadium.

"She had to leave early to go do something, i don't know what that girl be talking about half the time but she did call and tell me to tell you to call her after the game," he said and Dejounte nodded.