Love's Oracle

A/N: Hi guys! Yes, I started a new series 😅. I was originally going to wait until "Children of the Future" was done, but since this doesn't *really* contain spoilers for it (unless you haven't read chapters 23-25), so I said why not 😂? This series is based on William and Zera, Alistar's mom, and how they met and got together. Also thank you thoughtfullyrainy for helping me with this idea, because she and I got to playing around with this on discord and it gave me an idea for an entire series lol 🥰! So she deserves credit for this as well! I hope you all enjoy!

Also: This work will contain mature content towards the end of this series so please be mindful of that!

———

On this warm summer day in Kikka, an ashen-blonde haired woman happily hummed as she skipped through the Black Market. She said hello to all the regular's she saw there, as well as greeted some of the newbies she saw as well. She used to work in the Black Market herself, many many years ago, but now that she had a legitimate business she decided it was best to be on the straight and narrow.

Although that didn't stop her from occasionally selling certain flowers in her flower shop.

As the woman exited the Black Market she suddenly felt someone tap her on the shoulder and clear their throat. She quickly put on her "customer service" smile before turning around, and what she saw instantly made that smile drop from her face.

They were members of the Golden Dawn.

" Ms. Zera Cassia?" They asked politely, and the woman sighed.

" Yes. What is it this time?" She asked in obvious irritation, the Golden Dawn members looked at each other before Zera spoke again.

" Let me guess; your Captain still has a bone to pick with me huh? Well guess what," The 152cm woman suddenly got in the taller mens faces, causing them to step back. " You can go tell your overrated Captain that this 'smuggler' has all the papers she needs in order to sell her flowers and if he still thinks that I'm doing something illegal then he can come by and talk to me about it himself, got it?!" She added with her hands on her hips, the two Golden Dawn members' faces paled before they looked at each other again.

" Now if you'll excuse me," Zera began as she fixed her lightweight sweater. " I have some flowers to sell." She added with a firm nod before turning around and walking towards her shop, she couldn't believe these people still had the nerve to harass her.

The Captain must have something against me, she thought firmly, he must have some agenda against me!

——

Meanwhile, outside 'Cinnamon's Flower Shop' stood, said Captain of the Golden Dawn, William Vangeance.

He looked from the cocoa colored card in his hand, up to the sign, and back down again. This was the place he had been told to come too, but why did he feel so nervous to go inside? It was like his feet wouldn't move even though he was asking them too. As he had been handed the card he was told his life would change if he came here and asked for the owner, William had been confused when they told him that, but he had to admit it piqued his curiosity.

William did get a vague sense of familiarity as he stood outside, maybe he had walked past it briefly when visiting the city? He frowned a bit before he heard someone come up beside him.

" Oh, welcome to-." The young woman started before she looked at his chest with a frown, William noticed she was staring at the emblem on his chest. " You're a member of the Golden Dawn?" She added with a hint of annoyance, causing William to frown.

" I am, but I'm also-." He started but the ash-blonde haired woman let out a very long and exaggerated sigh.

" Listen, I just talked to a couple of your buddies back there and told them to quit harassing me but I see you didn't get the memo yet." Zera started as she crossed her arms. This made William curious.