Confrontation

A/N: Hi guys! I'm sorry this took so long, i've been trying to finish COTF and a few other things! This chapter is more of a "filler" and is "planting the seeds" for some future chapters, but the next one will be much longer then this one. I hope you all enjoy 🥰!

———

Meanwhile, back at the Capital

William silently walked down the halls, he had told Zera and the others that he had a meeting with the Captain's but that wasn't really true. Yes William had a meeting, but it wasn't with any of the Captain's.

William rounded the corner and there stood Langris Vaude, holding a few papers in his hands. He quickly saluted his Captain before handing him the papers.

" Here's the papers you requested Lord Vangeance," Langris said and William nodded before going through them.

" There's no mention of a Zera Cassia in any of our papers, so I'm not quite sure why any of the Golden Dawn would be harassing her. As she says she's a law abiding citizen. At least on paper." Langris said as he watched William go through all the papers.

He was right, there wasn't anything in Zera's background that would warrant any 'harassment'. Her background was as clean as could be, but then, what was going on? He handed the papers back to Langris with a sigh.

" Somethings not right, there has to be a reason she thinks we're after her." William muttered more to himself then to Langris. He racked his brain a bit as he tried to think, when suddenly Zera's words popped into his head.

" If I were to marry him, does that mean I would get immunity for any future, um, 'smuggling' crimes?"

" Langris," William started as he turned towards his Vice Captain. " Check and see how many smugglers we're after, bring me only the ones that haven't been arrested yet." He added, and Langris nodded.

" Yes sir, but may I ask why?"

" Just do it please." William asked kindly before turning and walking away. He was silently hoping it was a poor joke on Zera's part, a very very poor joke.

William quickly made a broom using his tree magic and flew back to the Golden Dawn base, maybe he should ask Zera and hear it from her directly? But then would she get defensive about it and think that he was intentionally being ignorant? Or that he was just messing with her?

He sighed, this was getting more confusing, and was starting to get complicated. He couldn't imagine Zera being a smuggler, and even if she was, why would the Golden Dawn continue to harass her instead of just arresting her?

Unless they didn't have enough proof.

William quickly landed outside the base and walked inside, he would just ask her about it directly. They were engaged after all, and in order to have a good marriage, honesty was important. At least that's what he thought.

He walked around and began to search for Zera, but he frowned after a few minutes. He could've swore that the meeting with the other spouses had already finished, so she should be back by now?

" Ah Klaus," William said as he saw the blue haired man walking down the hall. " have you seen Zera around?"

" No sir!" Klaus said stiffly after he saluted William, and the white haired man frowned.

" She should be back by now, maybe she went to her shop?" He muttered to himself as he placed a thoughtful hand under his chin.

" Zera was here earlier," Mimosa said as she walked over to Klaus and William. " but there was a group of people outside asking for her, and when she arrived they all began to talk before she quickly left with them."