A Wedding Full of Promises

A/N: Hiya guys! I apologize this chapter took a little longer then expected, I got pulled into various AUs and school got busy, but it's finally here! It's the wedding you've all been waiting for 🥰! Also the flashback that takes place was written by me @/thoughtfullyrainynightmare and @/loosesodamarble and i hope you all enjoy 😁!

————

A month and a half later

Zera fidgeted anxiously as she paced back and forth in her dressing room. How on earth were they already at their wedding? She could have sworn it was only yesterday that she and William had gotten back together and spent their first night together!

But no, an entire month and a half had passed...and now they were getting married.

A small smile slipped onto her lips as memories from the last few weeks popped into her mind.

————

After she and William had gotten back together, the two had decided to have the wedding quickly since they didn't want to wait until after the confrontation with Spade; they had been apart long enough in their minds.

So, the couple, the Golden Dawn, and all of their friends rushed to get the wedding planned and organized!

Zera had enlisted the help of her fellow Captain's wives; Solara, Josele, and Briar when finding a wedding dress, when finding them dresses, and when looking for decorations. Between the four of them, they managed to find everything in one day!

" What about the flowers? Don't we need to find some for the bouquet and arrangements?" Briar asked softly as she walked beside her friends.

Zera shook her head.

" Nope! I decided to grow them myself," Zera said proudly, a bright smile appearing on her face. " I thought it would be more meaningful!"

The others nodded.

" It most certainly is," Solara agreed.

" I'm sure William will love it too, he's a pretty sentimental person." Josele said with a smile, making Zera nod in agreement.

" I've noticed!"

" What flowers are you growing?" Briar asked as the women grew closer and closer towards the Golden Dawn base.

" Wild flowers! I was going to go with more traditional flowers, but it felt...weird." Zera admitted with a sheepish laugh.

" Maybe because you aren't a traditional couple?" Briar suggested curiously, and Josele chuckled.

" She has a point," Solara said with a gentle smile. " So far; you and William's relationship hasn't been the most traditional."

" To be honest," Josele piped in. " Has any of our relationships with our significant others been traditional?"

The wives all stopped and looked at each other in realization for a moment before they all burst into a fit of laughter.

" It'd be pretty boring if they were, wouldn't they?" Zera asked as their laughter began to die, and the other wives nodded in agreement before they began to walk again.

As they drew closer and closer to the Golden Dawn base, a very strange smell hit their noses.

" Do you all smell that?" Josele asked with a frown as the others nodded.

" Yeah...it's weird," Briar muttered as she took a small sniff.

" It smells like something's burning." Solara pointed out, and as soon as the words left her lips, Zera rushed towards the base.