A Joke Taken Seriously

A/N: Hi guys! Here's the second chapter of Dandelions Wishes hehe, I was gonna work on "Children of the Future" but the muses refused 😪. Anywho this entire chapter is just Zera and Yami joking and "bullying" William, and sadly he takes the joke seriously. A lot of the lines in this chapter were written by me and thoughtfullyrainy on discord so she deserves a lot of credit for this as well!

———

" You're the Golden Dawn Captain?!" Zera nearly shouted, William and Yami just stood there looking at her. She walked up to William, who almost took two steps back but couldn't get his feet to move, and she glared daggers at him.

" You're the one sending your guys to harass me?" She nearly growled, William opened his mouth to speak but no words would come out.

" I uh, I think I'm gonna go-." Yami started as he began to back away but after he saw the look of 'if you leave I will kill you' in William's eyes he thought better about it.

" I'll have you know sir that I am a hardworking and honest civilian of the Clover Kingdom!" She started as she gently poked his chest with her index finger. " I would like to think you and your squad have better things to do than harass an innocent woman who is abiding by the law!" She added and William just stood there, not quite sure what to say about this outburst.

" I-I umm-." He started hesitantly but Zera cut him off.

" I have the proper documents and even the official importation papers for all of my plants! But for some reason unbeknownst to me, that doesn't suit your 'high standards'!" She continued, William began to stammer and finally was able to get his legs to work enough for him to move backwards, but with every step he took Zera took one as well.

As William stood there in shock Zera continued down her list of grievances, with each one making him more and more confused. He had no idea what she was talking about, he hadn't ordered anyone to harass her, and why did she keep emphasizing that she was an honest citizen, when had he said anything to the contrary? Apparently he was missing a vital piece of information.

Zera's rant lasted around 10 minutes, which shocked both Yami and William. Apparently William had been right earlier when he thought she had been keeping a lot of her anger in.

" And you know what, if I'm so damned awful why don't you just put me over your knee and spank me huh?!" She finished as she put her hands on her hips, William's face turned a bright red underneath his mask.

" S-S-Spank you?!" He nearly shouted, Yami began to howl with laughter from beside the two.

He had been watching them with a mixture of shock and amusement, it was rare to see Vangeance so caught off guard, and it was even funnier since Zera was so much shorter than William. It was like watching a Pomeranian bark at a scared Samoyed.

" Y'know what? I like her, she's perfect for you Goldie Guts!" Yami said with a laugh, causing both William and Zera to look at him.

" You what-?" William asked in shock, what was Yami talking about? This woman was perfect for him?! Has Yami officially lost his mind?!

" You oughta snatch her up before someone else does, she's a keeper trust me." Yami said with a smirk, William stammered as he stared at his friend and colleague, but he turned when Zera opened her mouth.

" If I were to marry him, does that mean I would get immunity for any future, um, 'smuggling' crimes?" She asked curiously, Yami tilted his head in thought.

" Yeah I think so." Yami said and William just looked at him.

" No it wouldn't?!" William nearly shouted in disbelief, he turned to look at Zera as she made a humming sound.