Chapter 17 ~ Memory...

Katie's P.O.V.

bright lights seeped into eyes awakening me from a restless sleep, everything I saw was white and slightly blurred. Like my eyes had been opened for the first time in days. Suddenly I heard a muffled murmur faintly in the background of loud beeping from machines. Where was I?

"Katie?!" shouted a voice, cutting through the cacophony of sound. Then a blurred figure entered my vision, a boy with blonde hair. He seemed worried, as my eyes focused the mysterious figure showed to be Marcus.

I suddenly gasped, my breath catching up with me. "Marcy!" I managed to breathe out. "Katie you're okay!" He cried towering over me, grabbing my hand and gently kissing it. "I couldn't bare to think I'd lost you!" He sobbed.

"I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere." I croaked slowly sitting up and wincing from a sharp pain in my leg.

"Don't put too much pressure on it," a stern voice snapped as a middle aged women with a scrawny screwed up face covered by layers of cakey foundation drew back the surrounding curtain.

"What happened to it?" I gestured to my leg wrapped in a bandage. "The car merely clipped it but judging by you, well let's say... you like to make a fuss over yourself." She rolled her eyes fiddling with buttons beside my bed. "Excuse me!" Marcus said raising his voice and standing from the bed. "Marcy stop," I said holding onto his hand. "Sir if you speak to me like that again I will have to make you leave the building," She hissed at Marcus who just stared at her.

"He won't, may we have a moment to talk to them please," Zoe said appearing around the corner followed by Niomi, Alfie and Caspar... No Joe. "Okay," The nurse said and quickly exited the ward closing the curtain for privacy. "Where's Joseph?" I asked worriedly before anyone could ask how I was. "He's in a coma that the doctors put him in and they are going to try and wake him up today." Niomi said with more enthusiasm than expected.

"How long have I been under, and Joe of course?"I questioned curiously, it felt like I've been sleeping for days. "You've been gone for about seven days, it's playlist in a week." Alfie added, I can't believe I've been asleep for a week. Suddenly I remembered last night how Joe told me he loved me... And I was about to tell him I loved him too when - The car hit...

"Do you know that it was Michael and Victoria in the car?" Niomi asked sitting on the end of the bed. I knew but, I didn't really care about them anymore. "Yeah, how are they?" I asked, "Well unfortunately Michael is alive but... well... Victoria died from the car frame. It wasn't safe enough for driving regulations, and with the impact the frame buckled and severed Victoria's heart... She's dead." Marcus said looking down at his hands. "Oh," I murmured. Even though Victoria was a bitch it was Michael who made her do those things ... She didn't deserve to die. "Was she driving the car?" I asked, "No, Michael was." Zoe added sitting next to Niomi.

"Katie, do you want to see Joe? He's meant to be woken up at 2:00 and it's now well... 2:00" Caspar said looking at his watch. Just at that moment the nurse from before came in, "I'm sorry for being rather harsh before, I have to work nights and I know that's not an excuse but I just get titchy. I'm sorry if it was rude of me however I couldn't help but hear you wanted to join your friend 'Joseph Sugg' I believe he is being woken up in a minute," She said with a friendly smile. "I could bring you some crutches, but your leg should be better by tomorrow if it is rested." She continued bringing some crutches from a nearby cupboard and passing them to Marcus who helped me stand up and rest on them.

After a while we got to Joe's room, his face was pale and blank with no expression. I wanted to cry, he looked so helpless and ill. "Here," Zoe said said pulling out a chair for me to sit on. "Thanks," I quickly replied. I was too worried about Joe... A couple moments later a few doctors entered the room.

Soon they were switching off the buttons to the support machine, my heart was racing. What if he didn't wake up? What if he died? Were some of the questions going round in my head. We all stood except me I sat there in silence as joe lay there, we just waiting for him to wake up. "Please Joe," I whisper cried as a tear trickled down my cheek. Just at that moment Joe gasped and his eyes flew open. I've never been so happy! "Can you all step outside please while we do some final checks." The doctors said whilst showing us to the door. I hobbled out looking back to try and see Joe but it was no use, the nurses had shut the curtain.

As we made our way outside to the waiting room, we just sat there in silence. "Do you think something is wrong?" Zoe asked worriedly, her hands shaking from stress. "I'm sure he's fine," Alfie comforted Zoe wrapping his arm around her waist. "Yeah, you know Joe he's not one to give up." Caspar added picking at his nails.

A couple of minutes later a nurse came out to us. "Is he okay?" I said standing up and holding onto my crutches. "Yes, he's actually recovered a lot better than we expected after quite a significant trauma to his head. The only thing we have noticed is that... He has lost a minute of memory, just before the accident." She said. Suddenly I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach... Joe would have forgotten what he said to me before the accident...

That he loves me...

So sorry for not uploading in 5 days, it's test week Yippee! (Note: The sarcasm) And I've been also on holiday so it's been difficult as the hotel was mentally challenged in the fact it had no WiFi! hahaha. As always thank you so much for your support, I love you all - Sophabellee xoxo