Losses on Losses

╓═══════☆═══════╖

╙═══════☆═══════╜

╙═══════☆═══════╜

"Strange! Clementine! You're okay." The two turned around to see Morodo walking towards them. There was an unspoken tension in the room which even Morodo sensed, their greatest differences catching up to them .

"A relative term, but yeah, I'm okay."

"Yeah..." Anastasia breathed out, settling down on a chair to get some rest.

"The Cloak of Levitation. It came to you." Morodo realized.

"No minor feat. It's a fickle thing." Anastasia's head snapped towards the voice of the ancient one and all her buried anger and grief caught up to her.

"He's escaped." Anastasia sharply stated.

"Kaecilius?"

"Yeah. He can fold space and matter at will." Stephen continued.

"He folds matter outside the mirror dimension? In the real world?"

"Yes." the bronze skinned woman stood up.

"How many more?"

"Two. I stranded one in the desert."

"And the other?"

" His body was in the hall. Master Drumm was in the foyer." Anastasia looked down in sadness.

"He's been taken back to Kamar-Taj." Morodo informed them.

"The London Sanctum has fallen."

"Only New York and Hong Kong remain now to shield us from the Dark Dimension."

"You defended the New York Sanctum from attack. With its Master gone, it needs another: Master Strange." The pale skinned woman looked at Anastasia "and of course it needs the protector." the woman took a sharp intake of breath.

"No. It is Dr. Strange. Not Master Strange, not Mr. Strange, Doctor Strange. When I became a doctor, I swore an oath to do no harm. And we have just killed a man! I'm not doing that again. I became a doctor to save lives, not take them." the doctor snapped .

"You become a doctor to save one life above all others: your own."

"Still seeing through me, are you?"

"I see what I've always seen: your over-inflated ego. You want to go back to the delusion that you can control anything, even death, which no one can control. Not even the great Doctor Stephen Strange." In a flash Anastasia was in front of the woman in a second.

"Not even Dormammu? He offers immortality." she taunted.

"It's our fear of death that gives Dormammu life. He feeds off it."