A Scorpio's Birthday

Chapter 7

It's been about a week since the date, and I haven't spoken to Armani since. I actually haven't left my apartment either... I told my job that I had Covid. Shoutout to my little sister who actually had it so I could use her positive test result. I sadly can work from home but I got at least 3 days of staying in bed and eating ice cream. Armani has been calling everyday, knocking on my door and dropping meals off for me. Every time I get Ubereats, I see a different tupperware at the side of my door. I feel bad to keep ignoring Armani, I was just triggered that night. "Nobody will want to be yo girlfriend if you act like this"... I can't believe she really said that to me. Each word hit my heart like a sharpened knife, but I digress. There is one good thing that came out of it... I start therapy on Monday. I can finally talk about the incident that happened before my move to NYC and my emotions ever since then.

Sienna told me not to get love sick but it happened before I could even realize it. I look at Prey laying on the bed and softly scratch her soft furry head. I start to tear up missing home and feeling super alone in this new city. I started to actually have fun here, but of course I had to ruin it for myself. I still can't get over the fact that Armani yelled at me the way she did. A lot of that night was my fault but still how could she. I don't think where I am in life I can have someone not understand me mentally. I try to justify my actions in my head.

Today is Friday October 25th which is Maeve's Birthday and Birthday party. I'm not really interested in going but I promised Maeve I would be there. She has been there for me since I moved here. I have to be there.... I try to convince myself. I'm definitely not interested in seeing Kai... it's been a whole month since that fiasco. "Oh shit it's 5:00 pm" I yell while checking my phone. I see multiple text and call notifications on my phone. I ignore them but I do see one text that reads:

Maeve 😇: hey girl, can't wait to see you tonight!! Oh also thank you for the bouquet, you are the sweetest.

I smile at my phone as I read that she got her present. "I love my Scorpio friend" I say to myself. We are going to Nebula NYC Nightclub in Midtown Manhattan. I've never been there so this should be interesting. I already know Maeve has us in our own section. Definitely loving the perks of having rich modeling friends. "Maybe i'll find someone's fine ass daughter to dance on tonight" I smirk at myself in the mirror. "This is what I be talking about Selah" Sienna blurts out rolling her eyes at me through FaceTime.

About 2 hours later I am completely dressed and waiting for my Uber. I look in the mirror in the living room to make sure I'm giving the girls what they need. I flat-ironed my hair and gave myself a middle part. "No need for a buss down, I got my real hair out tonight" I yell out to Sienna. We both obnoxiously laugh. I decided to wear my white Floral Charlotte Poster Girl dress because I don't have to wear a bra or panties with it. "You look good Selah! Stop overthinking!" Siennna looks at me with a frown. "I love you friend" I say holding my head down. I try to bring my mood back up by dancing to music blasting through my apartment. Looking in the mirror the dress is hugging my curves just right. "I have to take a picture" I say to Sienna. "Bye Selah" she giggles as she hangs up. I grab my phone and see a new text alert

Armani: hey Crazy missing you... 😔

I start to tear up. "Stop it Selah, you'll ruin your make up" I say out loud. I get another notification letting me know my Uber is outside. I grab my mini Jacquemus bag and run down the stairs. Praying that I don't see Armani or Farrah I rush into my Uber. "Hello Mrs..... damn uh, damn sorry you look beautiful in that dress" I hear the Uber driver mutter. I look up to see this gorgeous stud with caramel skin. She scratches her freshly braided cornrows that run down the middle of her back. She had a snapback on so I couldn't really see her face well. I instantly start to stumble on my words. "Uhhh..uh...hi...thank you" I blurt out while looking back down at my phone. I instantly go on the Uber App to see her picture and name. "India... that's a really pretty name, and damn she is gorgeous" I think to myself. I could feel her eyes on me as I look up to the rear view mirror our eyes meet. She instantly looks away with a sly smile.