Much Needed Therapy

Chapter 8

"GOOD MORNING" I scream to Prey. It's Monday morning and I still have another week out of the office. Prey looks up at me as she stretches her body on the bed. I pet her head softly, and walk over to her food dish. She runs to me as I hear her paws against the hard wood floor. Once I drop the food into her dish she digs right in. Smiling at Prey eat, my phones starts to ring.

*RING RING RING*

Incoming call
          Mom 👸🏾🤍

*Rolling my eyes at the phone* I answer. "Hey mom" I say softly. "Selah why haven't I heard from you??" She starts to lecture me about my mental health and shutting everyone out. I start to tune out as I get a text from Armani asking me to come to her place tonight. I smile at the phone knowing that I lucked up finding Armani. "SELAH ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME" my mother yells. "Yes mom, I understand. I have my therapy session at 10am today. I'll let you know how it goes...love you" I quickly hang the phone up so I don't have to hear anymore of her lecturing.

*I wonder what Armani's doing...* Everything has been really good since she saved me at that terrible party, but there is still a part of me that wants to talk about our big fight. Every time I bring it up she changes the subject. I did however apologize for my part in the argument. I let her know I shut down and avoided her after because I felt guilty for the part I played. *I am really a work in progress.* I know I have a hard time holding myself accountable but I am working on myself. Im just hoping our relationship actually goes somewhere. When I did apologize I expected Armani to voice her opinion about the situation or at least apologize for the part she played, but she sort of just brushed me off. In deep thought I get a text notification from Armani.

Big Mani 😈💦: I can't wait to see you tonight Crazy! Don't wear too many clothes! I would hate to rip more beautiful clothes off of you 😏

I smirk at my phone as Prey presses her face against my ankles. I pick her up to sit with me on the couch. I set up my MacBook and log into my therapists portal. I check myself out through the webcam. "Good morning my name is Mrs.Pitt but you can call me Monica. Are you ready to start Mrs.Williams" I hear a low raspy voice come from the computer screen. I look up to see my therapist is a stud. Excited to have a therapist who also understands the lesbian community I shout "Yes I am very ready!" She is brownskin with locs on the top of her head with a bun to the back. She is very good looking but I have to stay focused. I have already been such a love sick puppy I can't try to get with my therapist too. Monica spends roughly about 30 mins getting my prior mental health history. We share laughs with each other as we talk. I start to get comfortable with talking to her and before I knew it, our time was up. I am saddened a bit because I wasn't able to talk about that night and the things that transpired with Armani and Kai but I guess that will be my next session.

The day flies by after my therapy session. I type up a few documents and send a few emails while music blasts through my apartment, but I mostly thought about seeing Armani tonight. I'm finally done with my work day and head to the shower. Armani and I have been sending nasty texts to each other all day. *My stomach growls* "Damn I hope we eat something tonight, cause I am starving" I say out loud. Hoping in the shower while Switch A Nigga Out by Summer Walker blast through my little studio apartment. "CAUSE I DON'T WANT NOBODY, NOBODY, NOBODY ELSE" I scream the lyrics to the top of my lungs. *DING*

Big Mani 😈💦: you better be that loud tonight 😛

I look over at my phone to see Armani's text message. "I swear my bathroom vent goes straight to her room. I really gotta be careful what I do in here" I giggle to myself. I start to shave my legs. *I'm so glad I laser everything else!* I hop out of the shower feeling refreshed. I go towards the bed where I have my clothes laid out and see Prey laying right on top of them. I scratch her head and move her to the side. I kept it simple for tonight.... Well simple for me. I paired my renaissance corset with my light washed high wasted jeans and my black chunky boots. "Maybe I'm a bit overdressed, but I don't want her to have easy access to me" I giggle to myself. I start my makeup before I get dressed. "Winged liner for tonight, I want my eyes to look cat like" I look at myself in the mirror. I'm so happy I got my hair braided yesterday. I fixed my baby hairs and powdered my nose one more time.